Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Wall Was AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!

As many of you loyal and faithful readers know, I have been a diehard Pink Floyd fan for most of my adult life (much to the chagrin of many of my older judicial colleagues, I might add) and I have seen the original Pink Floyd in concert at least 4 times, maybe more.


Never seen The Wall performed live, however. I have the DVD of the movie, and, of course, several CDs issued by Pink Floyd.


This made last night’s concert, ROGER WATERS: THE WALL LIVE @ Madison Square Garden, a once-in-a-lifetime experience for me and I am sooooooo happy to report that the concert was AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!


It began around 8:30 and was over around 10:30, with an intermission. Waters, at age 67, has a mesmerizing on-stage charisma and he was backed by a six-piece band that remained true to the Pink Floyd sound.


Terrific projections, 3-D effects, huge inflatable puppets and, of course, The Wall, helped explore the themes of fascism, conformity, alienation and death.


When The Wall came tumbling down, ending the concert, I felt emotionally drained. I am not being overly dramatic, just trying to convey to you loyal and faithful readers how I felt, and, frankly, still feel.


Yes, I do indeed feel blessed that I had this opportunity in The Greatest City In The World.


Now, briefly, on to other things--


2day-2:00-->LA BETE-“stars David Hyde Pierce and Mark Rylance and sinks its teeth into the age-old debate of high art verses popular entertainment.” Broadway. This show had a sold-out run in London.


8:30-->YANKEES/TWINS @ Minn. with ace CC Sabathia on the mound. The march toward the World Series begins.


Will also watch the rest of the Rays/Rangers game and then the Reds/Phillies game @ 5:00


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

BMS-21


No comments: