Sunday, October 24, 2010

Billi Pod is Heading Down to DC==>YES!!

BREAKING NEWS==>Billi Pod will head down to DC on Saturday, October 30th, to be a part of the Jon Stewart “Rally to Restore Sanity” and the Stephen Colbert “March to Keep Fear” events at The Washington Mall. Yes, that’s right, I will join the 100,000+ as we make our voices heard, or something like that ... whatever ...


When did I decide to do this you are no doubt breathlessly asking? Last night. Been thinking about it for a while, then just decided to do it. I have booked a roundtrip bus, which leaves from Penn Station, and this is the schedule:


5:00am - depart NYC

9:00am - arrive DC

12:00pm-3:00pm - Rally!

6:00pm - depart DC

10:30pm - arrive NYC.


The roundtrip fare is $85 and I understand that this bus service has already booked 6 busses from this location.


I am really psyched about this, and without a doubt, it will either be one of the best things I have done in a long time, or one of the dumbest==>there will be no middle ground and Billi Pod understands this going in.


Now, on to other things and stuff, like yesterday==>a day spent mostly in a funk over the Yankees failure to make it to The World Series, so what did I do to get out of the funk?


Well, I scheduled a play about a madam called MRS. WARREN’S PROFESSION-“tells the story of a mother who makes a terrible sacrifice for her daughter independence. But when the daughter learns the truth, will she forgive her mother or condemn her?” Oh yes, just what Billi Pod needed to get out of his funk==>a play about a Mom who becomes a hooker. My report card ==>B<==2+ hrs of mostly shouting but Cherry Jones is excellent.


Also spent a lot of time yesterday in front of the tube watching sports and will someone please tell me what is happening in the Sport’s World? I mean:

Yankees==>eliminated;

Phillies==>eliminated;

Rangers and Giants in The World Series; and,

#1 Oklahoma Sooners==>beaten!

3rd week in a row that the #1 team has lost. WTF is going on??? Can someone please explain it to me? WTF!!


Anyhoo, today is a non-baseball doubleheader for Billi Pod--


2:30==>I LOVE MY WIFE @ York Theatre -“an irreverent look at relationships and marriage during the sexual revolution of the 1970s.” My FB friend Josh Grisetti is in the cast.



7:00==>AFTER THE REVOLUTION-“a daughter, who carries the torch for her family's Marxist tradition and memories of her blacklisted grandfather, has her world turned upside down when shocking family truths emerge.” At a theater on my block.


Have a bunch of really really good stuff to report about my upcoming trip to Paris, but will save that for later.


GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.” BMS-4



No comments: