Sunday, October 3, 2010

Billi Pod's September 2010 Entertainment Stats

The stats for September 2010 reflect Billi Pod’s “involvement” with the Yankees as the season moved toward its nail-biting finale. This was exemplified by my decision to get additional tickets for all of the games in the final week of the season not in my season ticket package.


The result was 7 consecutive nights at The Stadium. That, my loyal and faithful readers, is way-too-much of a good thing and something I don’t anticipate repeating in the future.


Anyways-->here are Billi Pod’s entertainment stats for September 2010:


In checking my daily log (log, not diary - real guys don’t keep diaries) I find that during the month of September 2010 Billi Pod did/saw/attended the following:


4 Broadway shows (The Pitmen Painters; Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson; A Life In The Theatre; and Lombardi); 5 Off Broadway shows plus 2 New York Fringe Festival Encore shows; 2 movies (Going the Distance and The Virginity Hit); 1 New York Philharmonic concert; and 9 Yankees games, including the last 7 consecutive home games (5 wins & 4 losses - season record-->32 wins & 18 losses).


Was out of town for 5 nights for the trip down to Columbia, SC, to be with family and friends for an early celebration of my oldest grandson Alex Falletta’s 30th birthday. This was the highlight of the month, without a doubt.


Because of “commitments” Alex was not available for his actual birthday, September 12th, and he will not be available for his next birthday in 2011. Soooooooo happy we could all be together.


Other highlights of the month: the ongoing medical recovery and 80th birthday of my dear friend actor David Huddleston; my sister Ann Parker’s 73rd birthday; and quality face-time with student/General Manager Scott Reed.


During the month there were 5 days/nights when Billi Pod stayed in PHC without attending some entertainment event. On each of these Billi Pod was in a couch-potato mode glued to the TV, watching ...tada... Yankee games.


I posted regularly to my FaceBook Wall http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=name&id=100000655659050 and 33 times on this blog, although in a somewhat abbreviated format.


So, my loyal and faithful readers, there you have it. Was it another outstanding month in The Big Apple? I humbly think so, but it is up to you to decide, because --


I report - you decide.


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”




No comments: