Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Recovery Is-->AWESOME!!

The recovery of the Chilean miners was awesome to watch last night live on CNN. As the rescue operation continues today, please God, let all of them be returned to family and friends.


You know, it is totally beyond my ability to imagine the true horror of being trapped underground for that length of time. It goes to prove how resilient the human spirit can be when put to the ultimate test.


Last night, Tuesday, Billi Pod screwed up, big-time. How, you are no doubt breathlessly asking? Well, I had booked a show called LOVE DIVIDED BY/TIMES THREE for 8:00, at a theater on my block. When I went to the box office @ 7:30 to pick up my ticket I discovered that the correct time was ... tada ... 7:00. Man, was that embarrassing. What makes it even worse, Billi Pod knows that on Tuesday most of the shows, Broadway and Off-Broadway, now start at 7:00. My bad-->and, will probably be surcharged by my ticket service for not picking up my ticket. Barf!! Oh, well ...


Came back to PHC and settled in to watch the RAYS/RANGERS game, alternating with the rescue efforts on CNN.


As you know, The Rays lost a game they could have won, so it will be YANKEES/RANGERS for the American League Championship and on to the World Series. I am truly sorry ‘bout The Rays-->now, bring on those sorry-ass hillbilly Rangers.


This afternoon I have my semiannual cleaning/checkup session with my dentist. I, frankly, have this only because his office kept calling and “reminding” me that I need to schedule an appointment. I hate this, I really do. I call it my “chisel and bleed torture session,” or, “the dental hygienist's pay-back time.” OMFG!! I always bring her a single rose. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. OMFG!!


Anyhoo - assuming I don’t end up in a mental institution with a nervous breakdown--


Tonight-8:00-->EDWARD ALBEE'S ME, MYSELF & I-“Mother can't tell her identical twins apart. But when Otto announces his brother doesn't exist, the household descends into chaos.” At a theater on my block.


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

BMS-15

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi!This was a really outstanding subject!
I come from itlay, I was luck to approach your topic in yahoo
Also I get a lot in your Topics really thanks very much i will come every day