Monday, October 11, 2010

Billi Pod Says-->Happy Columbus Day!!

Happy Columbus Day my loyal and faithful readers. I hope that each of you had a great weekend, I know that Billi Pod certainly did up here in The Greatest City In The World, which is so full of amazing things and stuff to do and why I love living here.


Let me start by giving report cards on things since my last posting on Saturday morning:


Of course the highlight was The Yankee game on Saturday night-->behind a remarkable performance by Phil Hughes, the Yankees won 6-1, sweeping the Twins and advancing to the American League Championship Series (ALCS) on Friday against either The Rays or The Rangers. It was an exciting game to watch and be a part of.


The picture is of two of my buds/seat mates, Erik and Mike. During the game I was basically unable to use my iPhone because, I have been told, almost everyone in the stadium was also trying to get online, texting etc. As a result I didn’t get much timely info about the dreadful GATOR/LSU game until it was over. Maybe that was a blessing in disguise. BARF!!


Anyhoo, it was 12:45am when Billi Pod finally got back to PHC-->tired, hungry, but very very happy that The Yankees had taken a major step toward repeating as World Champions.


Sunday was a doubleheader:


My first show was PERFECT HARMONY-“a comedy about the greatest singing group in High School history, The Acafellas, and their female counterpart, perennial runners up, The Ladies in Red”-->B<--fun, a bit long and kinda cliché-heavy but still worth seeing.


IT’S KIND OF A FUNNY STORY-“an autobiographical movie about a clinically depressed 16 yo boy who checks himself into an adult psychiatric ward”-->B+<--there are laughs but basically it is a touching movie with great acting. I highly recommend it even though I know it has received very mixed reviews


This being a Monday, it is my errands and stuff day. I do have a show scheduled for the late afternoon-5:00-->SHOW CHOIR: THE MUSICAL-“a musical about a TV documentary following the path to fame of a small town High School show choir.”


This show is produced by my FaceBook friend Julie Miller and is part of the New York Musical Festival (NYMF). It has gotten very good reviews. Unfortunately, this afternoon is its final performance. Hopefully it will find a life in another venue.


Tonight I will probably either stay in to watch the crucial BRAVES/GIANTS game or catch a movie.


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

BMS-17


PS: Does anyone remember when was the last time The Gators were out of the top 20 in midseason? (awkward sentence, I know).

No comments: