Thursday, October 7, 2010

Roy Halladay Was AMAZING!!

It is a beautiful fall day in The Big Apple and, of course, Billi Pod should be out and about in The Greatest City In The World, but ... it’s not gonna happen ... because ... well, you loyal and faithful readers probably know why, so ... see the details below.


I want to give a brief report card on LE BETE-->C<--as in confusing. Acting was excellent but the book-->?????. It was not what I expected. I have a feeling I may be in the minority with this, but ... it’s how I feel.


Last night’s Yankee 6-4 win over the Twins was very exciting, but I have to say, as a baseball nut, that watching Doc Halladay’s no-hitter over The Reds was even more exciting. I was in the stands when David Cone pitched his perfect game, so I know how it feels to be a witness to baseball history. In Halladay’s case, it was the first post season no-hitter since Don Larsen did it way back in 1956.


In the Yankee/Twins game CC gets only a C. He was ultimately baled out by the Yankee bats and, of course, Mo. Oh, on what should have the last out of the game, the umpiring crew totally blew a call on a line-drive to right field that was actually caught, not trapped. Thank goodness it didn’t effect the outcome of the game. Another reason for limited “Further Review/Replay.”


The Rays may be in serious trouble. Their problems at the plate have followed them into the post season. I hope I am wrong, of course, because I would love to see the Yankees/Rays play in the AL League Championship and the Yankees advance to The World Series.


All of the local newspaper reviews of The Wall have been "Off The Wall" (no pun intended) mega-favorable.


As you might expect, today is 100% baseball on TV --


2:30-->Rays/Rangers

6:00-->YANKEES/TWINS with Andy Pettitte on the mound

9:30-->Braves/Giants.


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

BMS-21

No comments: