Monday, May 13, 2013

Sunday==>AWESOME Tripleheader!!


Monday==>Yes, this posting is a bit late and I know you loyal and faithful readers and followers are getting antsy and perhaps even worried ... but ... no problem ... your favorite blogger is OK up here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

What is my excuse/reason(s) I know you are all anxiously asking your inner selves ... well ... selves ... first ... Billi Pod had to go to his urologist’s office for blood work for next Monday’s semiannual finger-up-the-butt session and ... what should have been a 15 minute procedure took over 90 minutes waiting time due to a major computer glitch. Add the travel time to and from the office, down at Union Square, and there you have part of the reason for the delay in posting.

The second reason/excuse ... I had previously planned that today, Monday, was going to be something unusual for Billi Pod==>A Day Off. 

Yes ... that’s right ... there ... I said it for everyone in cyberspace to know. A Day Off. And ... for the day off I planned to stay in and watch both games of the Yankees/Cleveland doubleheader. 

Well, folks ... I did just that ... the first game started at 12:10pm and was over around 3:00pm. The second game started 30 minutes later and was over around 6:30pm.

So ... this is why there was no timely blog posting ... but ... not to fear everyone because ...

Billi Pod is now ready ... so ... 

Take a deep breath and let’s get started with his report cards/observations/comments on yesterday’s AWESOME entertainment tripleheader ... starting with ...

NYC CHAMBER ORCHESTRA & MASTERWORKS FESTIVAL CHORUS @ Carnegie Hall==>Wonderful!!

As you can see from the picture, taken from my Dress Circle (3rd level up) comp. seat, the Chorus was really large, with 200+ members from 11 participating ensembles. The first part of the program was Brahms “Requiem,” performed in English, and it was beautiful.

The second part of the program was orchestral performances from the Wright State University Wind Symphony, Dayton, OH, and the Greater Princeton Youth Orchestra, Princeton, NJ. Both groups were outstanding.

Yes, it was a wonderful way to start my entertainment tripleheader and I left Carnegie Hall with a big smile on my face.

I had walked from PHC to Carnegie Hall and decided to walk back while listening to the final innings of the Yankees/Royals game. Details later in the posting.

At 5:30pm I met up with my theater-buddy Dian Crystal aka My Lady at Meske, our favorite Ethiopian Restaurant, located on West 47th Street in my immediate ‘hood.

I was definitely in need of an Ethiopian food fix. We both ordered our usual meal, the Vegetarian Sampler, and, as usual, it was AWESOME.

When we finished our eating and catching-up session we split and I came back to PHC to take care of some business. Then My Lady and I met up again for the third part of my tripleheader, an Off Broadway musical ...

SPANDEX: A NEW MUSICAL FOR ALL SIZES, nothing can keep you down, not even a mulleted fitness instructor who feeds you diet pills, and calls you a loser==>A

This was a very pleasant surprise. It is very funny and has an incredibly talented, in-shape, cast. The choreography is absolutely amazing.

The full-house audience was really into the show and gave the performers a well-deserved standing ovation at curtain call.

The only drawback to the show is the theater, 777 Theatre, on 8th Avenue b/t 47th and 48th, which is up 4-flights of steep steps and there is no elevator.

If this isn't a problem for you, then Billi Pod highly recommends this show. It is running through May 26th.

So ... there you have it ... I hope you loyal and faithful readers and followers will agree that yesterday was an AWESOME day entertainment-wise.

Moving on ...

Yesterday afternoon the Yankees swept the 3-game series from the KC Royals, winning 4-2 on another stellar outing from Hiroki Kuroda.

Details about today’s Yankees/Cleveland doubleheader will be in tomorrow’s posting.

When the Yankees complete the makeup doubleheader they will return to Yankee Stadium to begin a 6-game home stand. I will see two of those games.

OK ... this brings you loyal and faithful readers and followers sorta up-to-date.

It is now 7:30pm and, frankly, I am antsy as Hell ... WTF am I doing in the apartment??? I will post this and then head out for a walk and wander session somewhere. 

Hummmmmmm why is everyone else so intense about days off? Makes no sense to moi ... oh well ... to each his own ... or ... whatever ... jus sayin’ ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.67 miles (or, 12,387 steps)

Mileage for the week==>26.64 miles (average 3.81 miles per day)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,476.56 miles  (average 4.67 miles per day)

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: