Thursday, May 2, 2013

ORPHANS==>A


Thursday==>Let’s get this posting started with your favorite blogger’s report card on last night’s return visit to the Broadway play ...

ORPHANS, the story of two desperate brothers who abduct a wealthy businessman, played by Alec Baldwin==>A

This is the same grade Billi Pod gave it back on March 27th.

I am happy to report that the show is still in top shape. Tom Sturridge certainly earns his Tony nomination for his role as the emotionally underdeveloped younger brother, Phillip, who leaps all over the stage with amazing physicality.

I still feel that the story line is totally unbelievable but ... no matter ... because the acting from the 3 performers is stellar.

My comp. seat was excellent, in the center of the first row of the mezzanine.

Before the show I met up with my friends Michael Pederson and Dennis Dohman. They both liked the show.

At intermission I also ran into my friend Kim, who promised me that he would "stop it" as I had previously requested. Thanks, Kim.

When the show was over I came back to PHC, had the usual fruit and cheese plate and basically chilled until it was time for Billi Pod's evening’s entertainment event ... being in front of the tube for the final YANKEES/HOUSTON game @ 7:05pm from Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built.

The Yankees got off to an early 4-run lead, but, unfortunately, our starting pitcher, David Phelps, gave up 4-runs in the top of the 5th inning. We ultimately won 5-4 and Mo got his 11th save of the season. It was an exciting game to watch.

The Bombers have the day off and then on Friday will begin a 3-game series against Oakland, in The Bronx.

I have to admit to you loyal and faithful readers and followers that thus far this season I am having difficulty creating an identity with my favorite team, as a result of, I think, my earlier decision not to renew my 41-game season ticket package. As you know, I opted for a 12-game package.

As the season develops I know that I am going to spend much more time in front of the tube, something that isn’t, as you loyal and faithful readers and followers know, high on Billi Pod's entertainment list.

Oh well ... I knew this was going to happen, so I will just have to live with it.

Moving on ...

Billi Pod’s entertainment event for tonight is a classical music concert ...

8:00==>AMERICAN SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA @ Carnegie Hall - “Hungary Torn” - “The Jewish population of Hungary suffered a deep loss during the latter years of the Second World War. Many of its youngest composers met a tragic end, with their promising careers and legacies never fulfilled. This concert gives a few of those artists their due, featuring their work alongside pieces by Hungarian composers who managed to live through the nightmare.” (concert - complimentary ticket)

At 1:00pm it is bright and sunny here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, a balmy 66º, so I need to post this and then head outside for some walking and wandering time, probably in the Upper Westside ... so ... 

Oh ... have just compiled the entertainment stats for April and will probably post them this weekend ... so ... stay tuned.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>2.79 miles (or, 9,596 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,428.27 miles 

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: