Thursday, May 30, 2013

NIGHTMARE IN THE BRONX


Thursday==>Yes, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, it was a total NIGHTMARE last night out at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built.

The Mets kicked our butt again, winning 9-4, before a crowd of 43,861. At one point they had a 8-0 lead. We were embarrassingly awful in every aspect of the game. I found myself wondering if I had died and was in purgatory. I fled after 7 innings.

One positive note ... as I was entering The Stadium I ran into my friend Eric Sherr and that was great. Back in 2011 Eric and his buddies (all full-season ticket holders) and I were seated together and we struck up a friendship. Last season, when I changed my seat location to the other side of the field, I lost contact with them. This season they also changed seat locations so I couldn’t find them. So ... it was great to see Eric and make contact again. His new seat location is just one section over from where I am. Nice.

Tonight the Mets go for the sweep. It will be Vidal Nuno (1-1) on the mound for The Wankies vs. Dillon Gee (2-6) for The Mets.

When I got back to PHC last night I immediately went online and booked an entertainment event for tonight, something very very different ...

7:30==>DOJOJI: The Man Inside the Bell - “A dance-drama re-imagining of a Japanese ancient legend - a story of eternal love, destiny and the power of transformation.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

It is playing at the Theatre Row Complex on my block.

Another positive note about yesterday - the nice weather let me get in some decent walking mileage. I subwayed up to the Upper Westside and then walked and wandered in the 86th Street ‘hood. I find this area to be totally fascinating with all of the majestic brownstones and upscale apartment buildings. Lots of trees so plenty of shade and that is nice too.

In fact, the weather is so pleasant right now, at 12:30pm, that I need to post this and then head back up to the Upper Westside for some more walking and wandering ... so ...

CONGRATULATIONS to my dear dear friend Ginger Flowers of Atlanta, GA, who is celebrating an awesome Birthday today. I am soooooooooo proud of you Ginger .... so very very proud. Keep on keeping on.

As many of you know, Ginger and I dated back in High School and we have remained close ever since.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>6.70 miles (or, 14,647 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,554.62 miles

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”


No comments: