Tuesday, May 28, 2013

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished


Tuesday==>OK my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... I know you are all anxiously asking your inner selves ... selves ... what is he talking about with this “No Good Deed Goes Unpunished” crap?

Well ... inner selves ... this is what your favorite blogger means ... listen up ... pay attention ... and don’t be judgmental ... OK ... repeat ... don’t be judgmental ...

As you loyal and faithful readers and followers know, two things loomed large on Billi Pod’s horizon yesterday in the Big Apple, The Greatest City In the World ... the first being a 7:00pm classical music concert at Avery Fisher Hall by the renowned DISTINGUISHED CONCERT ORCHESTRA & CONCERT SINGERS and the second being ... game one of the YANKEES/METS Subway Series @ 7:10pm from Citi Field.

At 6:00pm, dressed appropriately, he headed out to Lincoln Center and picked up his comp. ticket and the seat was excellent, midway in the center orchestra section. It was 6:30pm and the game at Citi Field started at 7:10pm.

Suddenly the desire to see the baseball game totally overwhelmed me and I knew that I really had to watch it. When I had entered Avery Fisher Hall I noticed an older guy standing in front of the entrance with a sign that said ... “Extra Ticket, Please!” He was still there.

So, I went up to him and handed him the ticket and he replied with a big smile and “Thank you so so much, my friend.” Ahhhhh yes ... it was Billi Pod’s good deed of the day.

I then loosened up my long-sleeved black shirt and began the walk back to the apartment while listening to the pre-game stuff on my new Walkman. Was back in PHC in plenty of time for the first pitch.

Well ... as those of you loyal and faithful readers and followers who are sports fans know ... it was a pitcher’s duel and a nail biter from the first pitch.

Dammit, we couldn’t get crucial hits and ended up losing 2-1. My punishment, for sure.

The score would have been substantially worse had not Brett Gardner made an incredible catch to rob, and I do mean rob, Daniel Murphy of a HR in the 6th inning. However, Murphy got his revenge in the bottom of the 8th by knocking in what turned out to be the winning run.

Yeah ... we lost ... but I am glad I made the decision to watch the game ... so there ...

Tonight @ 7:10pm is game 2 of the series. On the mound for The Bronx Bombers will be Hiroki Kuroda (6-3) vs. Matt Harvey (5-0) for The Mets. This is the best pitching match-up of the series.

And, of course, I will be in front of the tube, this time as previously planned.

On a positive note ... yesterday I got a lot of things and stuff done, including some excellent walking time. Still have a few errands to do, including the weekly visit to the Food Emporium, across the street from PHC, to take advantage of the extra 5% Senior Discount ... so ... will post this and get at it.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>6.50 miles (or, 14,212 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,546.63 miles

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: