Sunday, May 19, 2013

Last Night’s Carnegie Hall Concert==>BEAUTIFUL!!


Sunday==>Your favorite blogger needs to post this a bit earlier than usual because he has a doubleheader scheduled for today up here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World ... so ... let’s get started with Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s classical music concert ...

NEW YORK CITY CHAMBER ORCHESTRA & MASTERWORKS FESTIVAL CHORUS @ Carnegie Hall==>Beautiful

First of all, my comp. seat was incredible, in a First Tier Box, all by myself. I felt like a rock-star. (The picture is of the Chamber Orchestra and Festival Chorus)

The first half of the program was performances by the Central Michigan University Chamber Singers and then the National Middle School Festival Chorus and both groups were terrific.

Then it was the highlight of the evening, Haydn’s “The Creation” performed by the New York City Chamber Orchestra and the Masterworks Festival Chorus, with 4 soloists. It was beautiful and the audience gave them a well-deserved standing ovation.

It was 10:45pm when the concert was over and I walked back to PHC with a smile on my face.

And speaking of smiles ... hopefully, today’s entertainment doubleheader will also be smile inducing ... starting with ...

1:00==>GYM SHORTS - “5 hilarious short vignettes, set against the most explosive of backdrops - the gym!” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)
This show is playing at the 777 Theatre on 8th Avenue, the same venue where SPANDEX - THE MUSICAL played.

Then for the evening it will be another Off Broadway show ...

7:00==>I WANNA DESTROY YOU - “The tale of a frustrated gay man working as a personal assistant for a dragonish and mega-demanding female romance novelist.” (Off Broadway - $9.00 TDF ticket)

This show is playing at the Theatre Row Complex on my block.

So ... I hope you loyal and faithful readers and followers will agree with me that I sounds like a lot of fun.

Moving on to some sports ... for you, Marty, of course ...

Yesterday my Bronx Bombers beat the Toronto Blue Jays 7-2 on an excellent outing from David Phelps and two home runs from Robinson Cano.

The announced attendance was 45,577.

This afternoon the Bombers go for the sweep. It will be CC Sabathia (4-3) vs. knuckle-baller R.A. Dickey (3-5) for The Jays.

In closing ... yesterday I reached a milestone in my walking==>1,500 miles since July 1, 2012.

My goal now is to reach 1,700 miles by July 1, 2013.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.50 miles (or, 13,360 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,501.65 miles

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”




No comments: