Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Monday’s “Day Off”==>Split Decision


Tuesday==>OK my loyal and faithful readers and followers let’s cut to the chase about yesterday’s “Day Off” for your favorite blogger here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

In the name of fair and unbiased reporting Billi Pod has to classify it as a split decision. What do I mean by that I know you are all breathlessly asking your inner selves? Well ... inner selves ... what I mean is ...

The reason I decided not to book any entertainment event for the day/evening was my desire to stay in the cozy confines of PHC in front of the tube to watch both games of the Yankee/Cleveland doubleheader. It was scheduled to make up for 2 earlier rain-out games. The first game started at 1:05pm and the second around 4:30pm.

And, this is just what I did and the result was ... tada ... a split decision ...

The Bronx Bombers lost the first game by a score of 1-0 as Cleveland pitcher Justin Masterson pitched a complete-game 4-hit shutout.

In the second game the Bronx Bomber bats finally came alive and we won 7-0, with a lineup that was basically replacements and rookies.

Actually both games were exciting and I am glad I stayed in to watch them.

With the win our winning percentage (.632) is tied for second place in the Major Leagues, just behind St. Louis (.649). This is pretty amazing for a team that has been injury plagued since the beginning of the season.

As you loyal and faithful readers and followers know, the combination of the computer glitch at my urologist’s office and the baseball doubleheader resulted in a delayed posting and that combination pretty much took me into mid-evening.

I got antsy and finally did leave PHC for a too brief walk and wander session. It was brief because it was really cold and windy.

So ... why don’t we leave the past in the past and move on to the present ... with Billi Pod’s entertainment schedule for today ...

7:05pm==>YANKEES/SEATTLE @ Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built. (season ticket package)

This is the first game of a 3-game series and on the mound for the Bronx Bombers will be our ace CC Sabathia (4-3) vs. Felix Hernandez aka King Felix (5-2) the ace of the Mariners’ staff.

It should be a nail biter from the first pitch. The weather is predicted to be in the upper 50s and windy, so I will dress appropriately. 

OK, I still have some things and stuff that need to be done so ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>2.67 miles (or, 5,834 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,479.22 miles

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.” 

No comments: