Monday, May 20, 2013

Finger-Up-The-Butt==>Way To Start The Week!!


Monday==>Happy Back To Work Monday for all of my Worker Bee friends out there in the hinterlands, boondocks and wastelands and a Happy Good Afternoon to all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers.

Well, let’s get right to the important things and stuff, like ...

This morning @ 9:15am Billi Pod had a "routine" appointment with his Urologist, Dr. Erik Goluboff, who is now associated with Beth Israel Medical Center at Union Square. The appointment included the usual Digital Rectal Examination (DRE). Yepper, it was time again for the old “finger-up-the-butt” exam. The picture pretty much sums it up.

I am happy and, as usual, relieved to report that everything is “fine” up there - the PSA test result was normal and the DRE - “everything OK.” Whew!!

I have been seeing Dr. Goluboff every six months and he wants to maintain that schedule, so my next appointment is November 18, 2013.

When the session was over I then walked back from Union Square to PHC, a distance of 2.25 miles and that felt good, even though, honestly, when I got back I suddenly felt emotionally drained .. so ... I napped for an hour. Yes ... that’s right ... Billi Pod napped ... so just get over it, OK?

It is now 1:30pm so why don’t we move on to other stuff, like Billi Pod’s report cards on yesterday’s entertainment doubleheader ... starting with ...

GYM SHORTS, 5 short vignettes set in the gym==>B

Lots of funny stuff, focusing mainly on how obsessive the training scene is, and that got a bit repetitive toward the end. It was basically well acted. 

IMHO, the 90 minute running time is about 15 minutes too long, so it could use some trimming.

Before the show I ran into my theater-buddy Kim and we sat together. He gave the show a C+.

When the show was over I came back to PHC for the usual pre-theater snack, a fruit and cheese plate, and then just chilled until it was time for my second show. Unfortunately, the Yankee/Toronto afternoon game was rained-out.

The second show was ...

I WANNA DESTROY YOU, about a frustrated gay man working as a personal assistant for a mega-demanding female romance novelist==>B+

Mostly funny but also thought-provoking in dealing with the issue of “we are who we are, aren’t we?”

The acting was good, especially Anthony Johnston in the lead role of Beau, the emotionally abused personal assistant.

I have to admit that I found the constant use of the word “faggot” to be disturbing and then annoying. 

The running time is about 2 hours, with an intermission. IMHO, it needs to be cut to 90 minutes, without intermission.

It is worth seeing and is playing at The Theatre Row Complex and runs through June 1st.

Tonight’s entertainment event is something just a bit different ...

8:00==>SEVENTH ANNUAL BROADWAY BEAUTY PAGEANT - “A beauty contest of sorts, in which male performers from current Broadway shows compete for the coveted title. Celebrity judges and hosts help to guide contestants through the impressive talent portion, interviews, and the swimsuit competition.” (complimentary ticket)

This is playing at The Skirball Center for the Performing Arts down in The West Village.

Interesting side note ... I was informed by my longtime friend Tammy Serebrin of Lakeland, FL, who writes for The Lakeland Ledger, that one of the contestants is Yurel Echezaretta, a former Lakeland resident, who is presently in the cast of Matilda. In the photograph Yurel is second from the left.

The competitors are: Callan Bergmann (Silence! The Musical), Julius C. Carter (Spider-Man Turn Off The Dark), Yurel Echezarreta (Matilda), Matthew Goodrich (The Nance), Orion Griffiths (Pippin) and Paul HeeSang Miller (Mamma Mia!).

Soooooooo ... Billi Pod will definitely be pulling for Yurel.

Before the show I will meet up with my theater-buddy Dian Crystal aka My Lady and after the show we will have some pizza someplace in The Village.

On this happy note, will post this and then get started on my Monday chores and stuff ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.65 miles (or, 7,990 steps)

Mileage for the week==>28.75 miles (average 4.11 miles per day)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,505.30 miles (average 4.66 miles per day)

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: