Sunday, September 7, 2014

Billi Pod Confesses - Sports


Sunday==>It is another beautiful morning here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

At 11:00am we have azure blue skies, a few puffy clouds, a steady breeze coming off the Hudson River, and the temperature is a balmy 73ยบ.

I hope that everyone has been enjoying the weekend and is in a good mood because this posting must now take a much darker turn ... yes ... much darker ... 

Now ... my loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the morass known as cyberspace, your favorite blogger must confess to something ... yes ... that’s right ... confess ... so ... take a deep breath and just stay with me and don’t be judgmental ... or at least hold off being judgmental until you have read everything ...

So ... here we go ...

In the last two postings I made several references that I was virtually mired in the process of preparing the bachelor pad known as PHC for the Tuesday arrival of Sandy Mullon aka Island Girl. I repeatedly alluded to the “fact” that this burdensome task was keeping me in the apartment and preventing me from scheduling any entertainment events etc. ...

Well ... gasp ... yesterday Dian Crystal aka My Lady posted the following on my Facebook Timeline ...

How many days are you taking to clean??? And you say that girls have cooties???”

To which I responded ...

Thanks, My Lady ... you blew my cover/excuse for staying in and watching endless college football and baseball ... thanks a lot ... NOT!!”

Yes, with this response I totally blew my cover. CAUGHT!!

Truth==>while I have been doing some major cleaning, of course, the real reason that I stayed in the cozy confines of PHC on Friday and Saturday, and will do so today, is because Billi Pod was in front of his new (to him) 42” flat screen TV watching sports ... 

There ... it is now out in the open ...

As many of you loyal and faithful readers and followers know ... I love baseball and college football ... so ... for example ... yesterday was the Yankees/Royals game and the Gator/E. Michigan game ... plus other exciting college football games that went into the wee hours of this morning.

I did make myself leave the apartment after the Gator game for a much-needed 4-mile walk and wander session in my Hell’s Kitchen ‘hood.

Today is going to be Derek Jeter Appreciation Day, beginning at noon, and then after the baseball game, pro-football for the rest of the afternoon and into the evening.

So ... there you have it my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... Billi Pod’s confession ... please give him the benefit of your mercy and forgive him for these transgressions ... PLEASE!!

Well ... on the assumption that all is forgiven ... let’s move on ... 

Specifically to the sports scene ...

Yesterday afternoon out at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built, The Yankees (73-67) beat The Royals (78-62) 6-2 behind an excellent outing from Brandon McCarthy. With the win we remain alive in the second wild-card race.

As mentioned above, at noon will be the ceremony honoring Derek Jeter and then @ 1:35pm will be the rubber game of the 3-game series. On the mound for The Yankees will be the rookie Shane Greene (4-2) vs. Yordano Ventura (11-9) for The Royals.

The Yankees have tomorrow off and then begin a 3-game series against Tampa Bay, at the stadium.

On the football scene ... as most of you know, The Florida Gators kicked butt at The Swamp, beating Eastern Michigan University 65-0. It was nice to see the new Gator offense in action even if it was against a woeful team.

I have to admit to being totally surprised at the number of vacant seats in The Swamp. Thank you Coach Muskrat.

Anyway ... now it is time to post this and begin working on my cleaning chores ... hopefully to finish everything before Sandy arrives ... so ... again ... please accept my confession and forgive Billi Pod for all of his transgressions ... and remember this ...


Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.14 miles (or, 11,231 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>1,008.19 miles (average 4.05  miles per day)

GO GATORS!! GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: