Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Billi Pod Apologizes - The Dentist - Love Notes - New York Philharmonic


Wednesday==>Good morning to all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers.

Your favorite blogger here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, acknowledges that he has been remiss in his obligation(s) to make timely reports since he skipped yesterday’s posting. But ... please stay with us because Billi Pod has an excuse ... OK ... it ain’t much of an excuse ... but here it is ...

There was no posting yesterday because Billi Pod had a appointment with his dentist, Dr. Stephen Gualtieri, for a long-overdue session of x-rays and evaluating and then cleaning, scraping and polishing. It had been 14-months since my last session with him and they had been calling and mailing to remind me that I was overdue.

Now many of you who have known me over the years know that if I had to choose between the removal of a limb without benefit of anesthesia or going to the dentist for any procedure, the chopping off of the limb would win every time.

But ... I knew that this issue had to be addressed so ... 

My appointment was for 11:00am and it started on time. It just took longer than I had anticipated. Oh ... things went OK ... if chipping, scraping, polishing, etc. etc. can be considered to be OK ... it just was pretty emotionally draining for me. Yeah ... I turned into a total, and I mean, total wimp.

It was almost 1:30pm when I got back to PHC. I was totally exhausted, no joke ... I really was. I knew I hadn’t posted but I just wasn’t in the frame-of-mind to finish up the draft that I had prepared the night before.

In fact ... I flopped into bed, sucked my thumb for awhile and then went to sleep for almost 2 hours ... gasp ... something I hardly EVER do during the day.

When I finally got up I just wasn’t in the mood to sit down in front of this ‘puter and write ... so ... no posting.

So ... my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... that is my excuse and I hope I have your forgiveness ... and ... on the assumption that I do ... let’s get started with what Billi Pod has scheduled for today ... which is ... tada ... 

Another entertainment doubleheader ... starting with a Broadway show ...

2:00==>LOVE LETTERS - “This revival of A. R. Gurney’s two-character dramedy about two friends, rebellious Melissa Gardner and straight-arrow Andrew Makepeace Ladd III, who have exchanged notes, cards and letters with each other for over 50 years. From second grade, through summer vacations, to college, and well into adulthood, they have spent a lifetime discussing their hopes and ambitions, dreams and disappointments, and victories and defeats. But long after the letters are done, the real question remains: Have they made the right choices or is the love of their life only a letter away?” (Broadway - complimentary ticket)

The performers for the run of this show, through February 1, 2015, are:

Brian Dennehy & Mia Farrow  - 9/13-10/10

Carol Burnett & Brian Dennehy - 10/11-11/7

Alan Alda & Candice Bergen - 11/8-12/5

Stacy Keach & Diana Rigg - 12/6-1/9

Anjelica Huston & Martin Sheen - 1/10-2/1

The advance buzz is very favorable.

It is playing at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre on West 47th Street and has a running time of 1:40, without intermission.

Then for the evening is a classical music concert ...

7:30==>NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA @ Avery Fisher Hall - “La Dolce Vita - The Music of Italian Cinema.”

The program features: violinist Joshua Bell; the soprano Renee Fleming; and, the vocalist Josh Groban. (full price ticket)

This is the first concert program of the new season and it isn't included in any of my 3 subscription series. Well, your favorite blogger just couldn’t pass up the opportunity to see these talented performers, so I got a full-price ticket.

When the concert is over I plan to walk back to the apartment, weather permitting, of course.

Moving on ... 

Now, to bring you further up-to-date, we will next have Billi Pod’s report card on the Off Broadway show he saw on Monday night ...

LOVE QUIRKS, in this new musical one small NYC apartment contains four roommates who are looking for love while trying to move on from past relationships==>B+

The four-person cast, Teresa Hui, Robert McCaffrey, Brian Shaw and Lauren Testerman, is terrific and they deliver most of the story line through excellent songs and lyrics.

It was a very pleasant evening's entertainment. The small venue was full and everyone seemed to be really enjoying what was happening on stage.

My only quibble is that about 15 minutes could easily be cut from the 1:40 running time.

Billi Pod says==>worth seeing.

This show is playing at Theater 54, on West 54th Street, on the 12th floor, and runs through September 28th.

Moving on some more ... to the sports scene ... 

You know, I am so disgusted with The Wankies that I don’t think I will take up your valuable time to discuss their last two dismal losses to The Rays or what is on their upcoming schedule.

You are soooooooooo welcome.

So ... now it is time to post this and then get ready to begin what I believe will be an very enjoyable doubleheader.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.37 miles (or, 9,548 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>1,061,41 miles (average 4.10 miles per day)

GO GATORS!! 

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: