Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Weather/Carnegie Hall Concert/Tonight’s Show/Leno & Fallon/Internet Research


Tuesday==>Yeah, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, it is yet another cold day here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World. 

At 11:00am it is 30º, wind chill 25º, but there is no snow. The accumulated snow is still in place and, the bad news, more snow is expected beginning around midnight tonight and lasting until around 6:00pm on Wednesday.

At the moment there is no way of knowing how this will impact Polly and Matt's flight from West Palm Beach, FL, tomorrow morning. Keep your collective fingers crossed for us, please.

So ... let’s move on to something positive ... like ... last night’s classical music concert at Carnegie Hall ...

THE PHILADELPHIA ORCHESTRA @ Carnegie Hall - The program was:

Smetana - “The Moldau;”
Bartok - Piano Concerto No. 3 (performed by Radu Lupu); and,
Dvorak - Symphony No. 6

It was a wonderful concert. 

The highlight for me was Dvorak’s Symphony No. 6. Frankly, I was less than impressed with the Bartok piece.

My comp. seat was excellent, in the orchestra, row S. Pretty awesome.

The Hall was probably 90% full and we gave the orchestra a well-deserved standing ovation when the concert was over.

Yep, it was just what I needed.

Moving on ... 

Tonight’s entertainment event is an Off Broadway show ...

7:00==>LOVE AND INFORMATION - “The great English playwright Caryl Churchill dissects our fractured, data-clogged culture by exploring a hundred characters as they try to make sense of what they find out.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

This is the first preview performance of the show that is playing at The Minetta Lane Theatre in The West Village, has a running time of 1:40, without intermission, and runs through March 23rd.

The show had a very well-received run in London’s West End.

Moving on some more ...

I usually don't watch Jay Leno, opting instead for Letterman, but I knew that last night Leno’s “replacement” Jimmy Fallon was appearing, so I gave it a shot.

It actually was very funny but also very moving, starting off with Leno telling his audience: “Jimmy Fallon is here tonight. He’s not here to talk — he’s helping me pack.” 

Later Fallon wrote Leno a very touching thank you card: “Thank you for your humor and class … and for being nothing but gracious and generous to me over the past years. I will do my best to make you proud every single night.”

Hopefully, Fallon will fare better than Conan, who lasted only 9 months.

I really like Fallon and this is going to cause a major problem in my usual late night regimen since I have been an avid Letterman fan for years and years. No, I don’t have TiVO ... so ... we will just have to wait and see how thing's develop.

I want to close this posting by sharing some of my internet research with those of my loyal and faithful readers and followers who are married or are in a “relationship” ---
You are so very welcum!

STAY WARM EVERYONE!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>2.47 miles (or, 5,403 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>93.92 miles (average 2.76 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”




No comments: