Thursday, January 2, 2014

Way To Go UCF Knights!!


Thursday==>It is a gray, ugly and cold day here in the Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World. There was light snow during the overnight.

At 1:30pm today it is 27º, wind chill 12º. Between 4 to 6 inches of snow is predicted for the next 24 hours and the low is forecast to be . Burrrr!!

Fortunately, my entertainment event for tonight is at Lincoln Center, meaning I will only be exposed to the elements during the block long walk to and from The Port Authority Bus Terminal. The event is ...

7:30==>NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC @ Avery Fisher Hall - “The program is: works by Lindburg (who?), performed by pianist Yefim Bronfman, and Rouse (who?); and, Tchaikovsky’s Symphony No. 5.”  (season subscription series).

Of course, the highlight for me will be Tchaikovsky’s symphony.

Moving on ...

As I  previously posted, yesterday your favorite blogger was a total college football couch potato. I left the warm and cozy confines of PHC only once, for a very short walk session and a trip to The Food Emporium.

The games were really good and exciting, especially South Carolina’s 34-24 win over Wisconsin in the Capital One Bowl and Michigan State’s 24-20 win over Stanford in the Rose Bowl.

For me, however, the highlight was #15 ranked University of Central Florida’s nail-biting 52-42 upset win over #6 ranked Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl. The Knights were 17-point underdogs.

The Knights beat the nation’s top offensive team in a rousing BCS debut, finishing the year with an astonishing 12-1 record.

My son Bill III aka The Bill is a UCF graduate, so that made the game even better for me.

During half-time of that game I grilled a Allen Brothers tenderloin steak on my George Forman grill to go with a baked potato and steamed veggies. The Allen Brothers steaks are a premiere product and very expensive. My daughter, Kathi Bendeck, and her husband, Dr. John, give them to me for my birthday and for Christmas. THANKS AGAIN GUYS!!

So, my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... we will close out today’s posting with the last 5 lessons from 45 LIFE LESSONS, WRITTEN BY A 90 YEAR OLD:

41. Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you already have, not what you think you need.

42. The best is yet to come …

43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

44. Yield.

45. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.

Walking-wise 2014 has gotten off to rather inauspicious start ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>1.86 miles (or, 4,080 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>1.86 miles (average 1.86 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”



No comments: