Saturday, January 4, 2014

Billi Pod Has Major Cabin Fever==>HELP!!


Saturday==>Another chilly good morning to all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the morass known as cyberspace, from your favorite blogger, who is marooned in his apartment, PHC, in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

It is still freezing cold in The Big Apple. 14º, wind chill @ 9:30am.

The accumulated snow has mostly turned to slush and it is reported that there is lots of dangerous black ice on the sidewalks and at the pedestrian crosswalks. Not pleasant, to put it mildly.

In the name of fair and unbiased reporting, I have to share with you loyal and faithful readers and followers that yesterday was my 3rd consecutive day/evening of staying in the warm and cozy confines of my apartment, PHC, which is, as most of you know, located on the 41st floor of my building. I didn’t even walk out the door to go downstairs to check the mail.

This may be a record since I became a full-time resident of The Big Apple back in June of 1998.

This also means that this morning your favorite blogger is suffering from a major ... and I mean M*A*J*O*R case of CABIN FEVER.

It is so misleading. When I look out the windows all I see is bright sunshine and azure blue skies ... but ... when I stick my arm out the window it is almost instantly numbed by the frigid winds blowing off of the Hudson River. 

Bottom line ... it is still extremely unpleasant outside.

And that is a problem because I am so antsy and restless right now. The problem is made even more nerve-wracking because thus far nothing ... and I mean NOTHING, of any interest has shown up on any of my ticket services. I keep checking and checking ... and ... N*O*T*H*I*N*G.

Where are you Theater Gods when Billi Pod needs you? Where?? 

The only movie playing at the two movie theaters in my ‘hood that I have any interest in seeing is THE WOLF OF WALL STREET, starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill, and I am not sure I can take, at this point in time, sitting in a theater for 3+ hours.

Moving on ... actually, it really isn’t moving on ... it is just moving ... 

I will have to say that last night had two very exciting college football games ... 

8:00pm - Cotton Bowl: Missouri vs. Oklahoma State, won by Mizzou 41-31.

8:30pm - Orange Bowl: Clemson vs. Ohio State, won by Clemson 40-35 in a major upset. The Tigers were 17-point underdogs.

Man, this Bowl season the odds-makers and bookies have taken a major beating.

During the games my son Bill III aka The Bill and I texted back and forth and that was nice.

WTF?? What a boring posting ... sorry ... 

Well, it is almost 1:00pm and still nothing ... so ... your favorite blogger is going to post this, dress warmly, and then carefully walk over to The Port Authority Bus Terminal for a walk and wander session there.

STAY WARM EVERYONE!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>0.71 miles (or, 1,570 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>4.39 miles (average 1.46 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”


No comments: