Friday, January 3, 2014

It Is Freezing Cold In The Big Apple.



Friday==>OK my loyal and faithful readers and followers, let’s get right to the important stuff here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World==>the weather! 

There is a winter storm advisory until 1:00pm. At 9:30am it is 18º, wind chill

As you can see in the two pics below, there is snow accumulation. Brrrr!!

I will share with you right off the bat ... there ain’t no way your favorite blogger is going to leave the warm and cozy confines of PHC to venture out into this mess. No f**king way ... unless, of course, THE BOOK OF MORMON shows up on one of his ticket services ... but ... that ain’t gonna happen ... so ...

What about last night I know you are anxiously asking everyone around you?

As you know from yesterday’s posting, I had a NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC concert at 7:30pm @ Avery Fisher Hall at Lincoln Center.

Around 5:00pm I decided I really didn’t want to be out and about in the freezing weather ... so ... I went online and exchanged the ticket for another concert in April.

The NY Phil has a very liberal exchange policy for subscribers and this is a huge benefit.

After making the exchange I settled in to watch The Sugar Bowl, #3 ranked Alabama vs. #11 ranked Oklahoma. ‘Bama was favored by 17 points.

As you sports fans know, it was a very exciting game to watch with the Sooners pulling off a 45-31 upset win behind freshman QB Trevor Knight, who completed a Sugar Bowl record 32 passes for 348 yards and 4 TDs.

It was a sour ending to ‘Bama QB A. J. McCarron’s otherwise stellar career. He passed for 387 yards and 2 TDs but his 2 interceptions set up 2 TDs and his fumble in the final minute, which was returned for a TD, sealed the Sooner victory.

During the game my son Bill III aka The Bill and I texted back and forth. The Bill was pulling of OU and I was pulling for ‘Bama. Oh well ...

Wow ... it is now noon and your favorite blogger is already getting antsy and restless. This is gonna be a long day/night.

Tonight’s football is==>8:00pm - Cotton Bowl: Missouri vs. Oklahoma State; and, 8:30pm - Orange Bowl: Clemson vs. Ohio State.

I will be pulling for Missouri (GO SEC) and, I guess, Ohio State because I still kinda like Urban Meyer even though he ran out on The Gator Nation.

Well ... the clock has slowed down to a crawl ... guess I’ll go to work on my sock drawer or whatever ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>1.82 miles (or, 3,993 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>3.68 miles (average 1.84 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: