Sunday, January 26, 2014

RIVERSIDE SYMPHONY @ Alice Tully Hall==>Totally Enjoyable!



Sunday==>I hope that all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the morass known as cyberspace are having great weekends thus far.

As far as your favorite blogger is concerned==>it is another bright, sunny but very cold day here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, 19º, wind chill @ 10:00am. Burrrrr!

I am happy to report that last night’s concert at Lincoln Center, RIVERSIDE SYMPHONY @ Alice Tully Hall - “Shadow and Light,” was totally enjoyable. 

My comp. seat was 7 rows from the stage. Perfecto!

The highlight of the evening for me was Bach’s Cantata No. 51, performed with soprano Laura Heimes. It was beautiful.

Moving on ...

Tonight’s entertainment event is an Off Broadway show ...

7:00==>CRAVING FOR TRAVEL - “Gary and Joanne, rival travel agents and former spouses, are vying for their industry’s most prestigious honor: the Global Prize. With their reputations on the line, they’ll tackle any request, no matter how impossible, and any client, no matter how unreasonable.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

This show, which features two actors playing 30 characters, opened to mixed reviews. It is playing at the Playwrights Horizons right next door to my apartment building in Hell’s Kitchen, has a running time of 1:15, without intermission, and runs through February 9th.

Boy, am I antsy right now. I miss sports on the tube (I don’t like watching basketball) and the outside looks soooooooooo nice but it is also sooooooooooo misleading ... guess I’ll post this and then do some walking over at the Port Authority.

STAY WARM EVERYONE AND HAVE A GREAT REST OF THE WEEKEND!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.19 miles (or, 6,987 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>62.16 miles (average 2.59 miles per day)

GO BRONCOS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: