Monday, July 15, 2013

SWISS FAMILY ROBINSON==>Thumbs Up!!


Monday==>Good afternoon to each and everyone of my loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the boondocks, wastelands and hinterlands.

I hope that you all had a fabulous weekend because your favorite blogger certainly did here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

So ... we will get this posting started with, first, a weather report ... it is another hot and very humid day with a temperature of 88ยบ at noon. The forecast is for it to reach the mid-90s during the afternoon.

And, second ... Billi Pod’s report cards on yesterday’s New York Musical Festival (NYMF) doubleheader ... starting with ...

SWISS FAMILY ROBINSON, about the intrepid Robinson family as they survive being shipwrecked in stormy seas==>THUMBS UP

The show is funny, entertaining and well performed by a rather large and talented cast. 

I was particularly impressed with the three guys who played the Robinson brothers: Sergio Pasquariello (Fritz); Matt Mundy (Jack); and, Michael Lorz (Ernst)

The final performance is Wednesday, 7/17 @ 9:00pm, so catch it if you can.

When the show was over I came back to PHC and watched the final innings of the Yankees/Twins game (details below), and, of course, had the usual fruit and cheese plate.

Then is it was time for my second NYMF show ... 

THAT LADY FROM MAXIM’S, after a drunken outing at the notorious nightclub, Maxim's, a man wakes up to discover a mysterious near-naked woman in his bed==>SO-SO.

I found the story line not involving, with rather bland performances. It is also overly long, especially Act I.

Now, in the name of fair and unbiased reporting, I must acknowledge the possibility that I might have been suffering from NYMF-overload.

In that regard, I am taking a break from NYMF today. My entertainment event is ...

8:00==>BROADWAY RISING STARS @ Town Hall - “The future of the Great White Way in one unforgettable night! Featuring the brightest talent selected from some of the nation's finest theatrical institutions.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

These shows are usually a lot of fun. I am rather certain that my comp. tix will be in the very upper nosebleed section of Town Hall, where they usually are.

Now, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, I have to report on the total disaster yesterday afternoon out at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built. 

The Wankies lost 10-4 to the lowly Minnesota Twins on a woeful outing from our titular “ace” CC Sabathia, who lasted only 4-innings.

In CC’s defense, The Wankies were abysmal in the field and our bats continued to be limp and tepid.

The Wankies go into the All-Star break in 4th place in the AL East, 6-games behind the Boston FuckSox.

The boo-birds are becoming louder and louder as the frustration in the fan-base grows. More and more empty seats, that are conveniently ignored by management and, of course, the radio and TV commentators.

Thank God I didn’t renew my 41-game season ticket package for this barf-inducing season.

So ... on this happy note, will post this and then start on my usual Monday chores and stuff.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>2.60 miles (or, 5,634 steps)

Total mileage for week==>26.53 miles (average 3.79 miles per day)

Total mileage since 7/1/13==>55.49 miles (average 3.96  miles per day)

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”


No comments: