Monday, July 1, 2013

1,726.52 Miles==>AWESOME!!


Monday==>Yes, my loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the morass known as cyberspace==>last night, at 11:59:59pm, your favorite blogger recorded the day’s walking mileage at 6.73 miles, bringing his total walking mileage for the year July 1, 2012 to July 1, 2013, to a rather amazing 1,726.52 miles. That, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, calculates to an average of 4.73 miles per day.

All of this activity was recorded on the WeightWatchers Pedometer that was given to me by my theater-buddy, Dian Crystal aka My Lady, back on June 20, 2012. Without a doubt, this gift brought about the whole yearly walking challenge ... so ...

THANK YOU MY LADY!!

I am working on a separate posting regarding this epic event and will probably post it either later today or tomorrow ... so ... stay tuned.

Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s concert at The 92nd Street Y, in the Upper Eastside ...

YOUNG PEOPLE’S CHORUS & YOUNG VOICES OF MELBOURNE - TRANSMUSICA, music from Australia and America==>A

This was a incredibly enjoyable concert performed by two talented groups of young (8 to 18) singers. Each group performed separately and then for the finale they combined on stage for two numbers, “Sesere eeye” and “Give Us Hope,” that brought the audience to its feet in a roaring and well-deserved ovation.

In 2011 The Young People’s Chorus of New York was awarded a National Arts and Humanities Youth Program Award.

The Young Voices of Melbourne are on the first stop of a six-city, five-state US summer tour.

When the concert was over @ 6:00pm I left the auditorium with a big smile on my face.

The smile remained when I saw that the weather had cleared up and I would be able to fulfill my plan of walking back from 92nd Street in the Upper Eastside to my apartment on West 42nd Street, a distance of approximately 3.75 miles.

I rather leisurely walked south on Lexington Avenue all the way down to 42nd Street and then west on 42nd Street back to the apartment, taking a brief break at Bryant Park at 42nd and 6th Avenue.

When I got back to the apartment I had time to shower, have my delayed fruit and cheese plate, and then settle in to watch the YANKEE/BALTIMORE game on ESPN.

Well ... as you loyal and faithful readers and followers know ... it was a total BUMMER, if you are a Yankee fan.

It was an ugly 4-2 loss as Hiroki Kuroda gave up three solo home runs and our bats continued to be dormant. The Birds swept the series and it was our 5th consecutive loss. We continue down that slimy sewer to the bottom of the AL East.

Tonight @ 8:10pm begins a 4-game series up in Minnesota against The Twins. On the mound for The Wankies will be Andy Pettitte (5-6) vs. Scott Diamond (5-7) for The Twins.

Moving on ... 

As you know, Monday is my usual errands and chores day and I have plenty of things that need to be done.

At the moment I have nothing scheduled entertainment-wise for tonight, although, of course, I have multiple options. Seriously considering seeing the Owen Wilson/Vince Vaughn movie THE INTERNSHIP.

Will not be walking the bridges, weather is too iffy.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>6.73 miles (or, 14,723 steps)

Total mileage for the week==>36.63 miles (average 5.23 miles per day)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,726.52 miles (or, 3,775,899 steps - average 4.73 miles per day)

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: