Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Last Night==>Not Entertaining


Tuesday==>OK, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, let’s get this posting started with Billi Pod’s “entertainment” event for yesterday. The world entertainment is in quotes because it was anything but entertaining.

What am I talking about I know you are all rather anxiously asking your inner selves? Well ... inner selves ... the so-called “entertainment” event for last night was the YANKEES/KANSAS CITY game out at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built.

To start with, the weather was forecast as being “iffy” but it was OK at the first pitch at 7:10pm. In the bottom of the 3rd inning we were already down 2-0 when the rain started coming down in torrents and the ground crew quickly put on the tarp.

In about 30-minutes the rain stopped but it took the crew another 30-minutes to get the field back into playing condition. That was pretty amazing in its own right. The game finally resumed after an hour rain delay.

Our bats continued to be virtually nonexistent, especially with runners in scoring position. This, of course, has plagued this team for the entire season. The boo-birds were out for most of the game. Frustration was evident throughout the stadium.

The score was 5-1 going into the bottom of the 9th and the stadium was virtually empty. I don’t know why I was still there, but I was.

Then, OMFG, we loaded the bases with no-outs. Could we make a comeback? “I am so glad I stayed” thought I.

Answer==>No! The Royals closer Greg Holland struck out the top of our batting order to strand all 3 runners. Zip, nada, zilch.

The loss sent us back to 4th place in the AL East.

It was after midnight when I opened the door to PHC and I wasn’t a happy camper. Yes, I was really pissed off.

Now, before you flamers get started ... I, of course, don’t expect The Yankees to win every game ... but I do expect them to be competitive and this team, as presently composed, just isn’t. 

Look, I pay $90 per game for my partial season ticket package and I think I have every right to expect to be entertained and this team this season just isn’t entertaining. And, frankly, the rest of the season doesn't look to be much better.  

Oh well ... thanks for sticking with me this far ...

Moving on to tonight’s entertainment event, which is a part of the New York Musical Festival ... 

8:00==>SASQUATCHED! THE MUSICAL - “Arthur the Sasquatch is an intelligent, gentle, loquacious and dignified creature. When he becomes lost in Columbia National Park, he is befriended by young Sam. Together, they encounter quirky locals and elude a ruthless TV crew investigating “Bigfoot” – as the stage erupts into hilarious social commentary on human-Sasquatch relations and a fun, rockin’ musical romp through the woods.” (Off Broadway - full price ticket)

This show is part of the Tenth Annual New York Musical Festival (NYMF) that is playing in theatres in my immediate ‘hood from July 8 - 28.

In the past nine years NYMF has presented over 350 new musicals, of which 24 have been transferred to Off Broadway, 86 have gone on to further productions, and 3 have opened on Broadway (Chaplin, Next to Normal, [title of show]).

In the past I have been very pleased with their productions and find them usually to be very entertaining. I have already booked 3 additional shows and I know I will see even more.

OK, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, your favorite blogger (hopefully he still is) has a couple of chores left over from yesterday, so will post this rather blah posting and then get the rest of the things and stuff done.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.08 miles (or, 8,918 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/13==>33.04 miles (average 4.13 miles per day)

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”



No comments: