Sunday, April 6, 2008

Well, I Have Finally Joined the Blog Generation

WOW!! After all of the years of writing first timely and then less timely newsletters about my activities in The Big Apple, beginning in the summer of 1995, I am finally taking the big cyberspace step and have just created my own blog. WOW!!

I have a lot to learn about the creative process and I know I will make many missteps along the way, so to those of you who will join me for this new adventure - please have patience and understanding.

Where do I begin? Well, how about just begin about today and work from there? OK, I will. It was and is gray and chilly in the City. I had nothing planned for the day other than wanting to watch the Yankees/Rays game which began at 1:05, unless something showed up at the last minute on one of my ticket services. Nothing did, so I watched the game, which was an excellent pitching duel with Chien-Ming Wang, Joba Chamberlain, and Mariano Rivera combining to shut-out the Rays.

When the game was over I thought about going out to a movie, probably "21" but then I had this almost overwhelming urge to create this blog, so I did and I have.

This will be brief because I have a lot of learning to do.
 
Tomorrow, Monday, will be: errands; filing my tax extension form; and at 7:05 out to Yankee stadium for the Yankees/Rays game.

Tuesday: at 10:00 my semi-annual dentist appointment for cleaning etc; 7:30 "Candide" by the New York City Opera @ Lincoln Center.

Wednesday: 7:30 New York Philharmonic @ Lincoln Center.

Thursday, Friday and Saturday: open at the moment (but not for long, of course).

Sunday: 3:00 Minnesota Symphony Orchestra @ Lincoln Center: 8:00 "A Night of Too Many Stars," hosted by Jon Stewart @ Beacon Theater.

There you have it - we have begun.
Bill 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

just testing this out

Anonymous said...

testing again

Unknown said...

Your first blog. My first friend with a blog. I've only read news or political blogs. Learning curve moving up! Should be fun!