Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday - a change in plans

Now, about today - I have had a change in plans. I had originally booked a Roundabout Theater subscriber-only staged reading of Bell, Book and Candle, but TDF had tickets for the 7:00pm Actor’s Fund Benefit program featuring Seth Rudetsky, so I booked it.

Why? Well first about Seth: “If there's a Mr. Broadway Musical Theater on the New York scene these days, it's Seth Rudetsky. From his weekly live talk show Seth Rudetsky's Chatterbox, where he does in-depth interviews with leading players on the Great White Way, to his creating, guiding and conducting of the such benefits concerts as Dreamgirls and Hair for the Actors' Fund of America, the brilliantly talented writer/performer/musical director is a force to be reckoned with,” according to broadway.com.

And then, the program for tonight: “Seth Rudetsky's Broadway 101 will be presented April 14 at New World Stages as a benefit for the Actors Fund of America. Directed by Peter Flynn, the evening will feature actor, musical director and Playbill.com columnist Rudetsky as well as Jonathan Groff, Laura Benanti, Andrea McArdle, Norm Lewis and Pamela Myers and a host of Broadway singers and dancers. The performers will be backed by a full orchestra. During the performance, Rudetsky, according to press notes, will show what is brilliant about Broadway, how the whole thing works and why it can sometimes be a splitting headache.”

So, it was a no-brainer at $20 for a ticket.

I also scored a great ticket this morning for the July 15th Bon Jovi concert at Madison Square Garden.

Finally, to you Fuck Sox ... oooooooops ... Red Sox fans who have been emailing (spamming) me ... yes, I know that you guys took 2 out of 3 at Fenway, but you just wait until you show up at Yankee Stadium this coming Wednesday and Thursday, just you wait!!! Go Yankees!!!

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excuse me, Billi Pod, but you need to figure out how to be in 2 places at the very same time, this way you wouldn't have to miss a thing... BTW---> I'm so glad I don't live in Boston... LMAO!!!

D.C., Proprietress and ex-theater whore (and boy, do I miss it!!!)

Anonymous said...

My god! I am exhausted from reading your Monday Blog. Could you shorten it up a bit Billi Phone! For fuck sake, some of us have a life! LOLTIWMP