Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wednesday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILLI POD - #74

I am writing this at 1:00am on Wednesday morning, April 23, and I am now officially 74 years old - who would have thunk it? Now, I don’t like the idea of being this old (barf and double barf) but when I consider the alternative(s) I guess I will stick with the hand that my Higher Power has dealt me, so ...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO: William, Willy, Bill, Billy, Billi Pod, Dad, Granddaddy, Uncle Bill or whoever in the fuck you are today!!!

Have some interesting things scheduled for today starting at 2:00 with two one-act plays written and directed by Edward Albee, The American Dream and The Sandbox - “The American Dream is an early, one-act play by American playwright Edward Albee. The play, a satire on American family life, concerns a married couple and their grandmother. They are visited by two guests this particular day who turn their world upside down.” - “The Sandbox is a one act play written by Edward Albee in 1959. The play is approximately 15 minutes long and touches on elements of the Alienation Effect by having the actors talk to the audience, acknowledge they are performers in a play, cue the musician, and deal with the sandbox as if it were the beach.” Discounted TDF ticket.

Then at 7:30 I have a New York Philharmonic Concert @ Lincoln Center featuring: Martha Argerich playing Beethoven’s Piano Concerto No. 1; Mozart’s overture to Le Nozze di Figaro; Rachmaninoff’s Symphonic Dances; and, Ravel’s La Valse.

When I get back to the apartment I will fire up the George Forman Grill for an Omaha steak, to be enjoyed with a baked potato and a glass of Fresca.

The remainder of the week is also booked.

On Thursday night will be an Off-Broadway show, Good Boys and True - “ A graphic and exploitive sex tape has rocked St. Joseph's, an exclusive East Coast Catholic boys' prep school. Top student and star jock Brandon Hardy is implicated as the boy assaulting a local young woman, although his face isn't clearly seen. Brandon denies his participation to his mother, Elizabeth, a local doctor, as well as to his fellow student and secret lover, Justin. Act I answers the question of Brandon's involvement, while Act II investigates the "why," largely through the sleuthing of Brandon's engaged but coolly-distant mother.” Discounted TDF ticket.

Friday is a Broadway show in early previews, Thurgood, starring film actor Laurance Fishbourne, in a one-man show about the life and times of the first black Supreme Court Justice, Thurgood Marshall. Discounted TDF ticket.

On the weekend my oldest grandson Alex Falletta’s wife, Gina, (damn, that sounds awkward - she calls me Granddaddy and I think of her as my granddaughter) will be in town for the very first time. She will be with a group of friends and I will be in the role of tour guide. Looking forward to it.

Now it is time to finish this and crash, so ...

Goodnight.

Bill
wanjr@aol.com

No comments: