Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunday is gonna be awesome

In a few minutes I will begin getting ready to head out to Lincoln Center to start what I am certain will be an awesome day/evening, beginning with the 3:00pm concert by the Minnesota Symphony Orchestra and ending with the 8:00pm Jon Stewart hosted Autism Foundation benefit “A Night of Too Many Stars” at the Beacon Theater @ 76th and Broadway. In an earlier post I described both events in detail. Remember that the show will be carried live on Comedy Central with a repeat at 10:00pm

When my concert is over I will have about 3 hours to kill so I will probably spend some of it at the Barnes & Noble store at 66th and Broadway and then find a pizza place and have a slice.

I hate to say this, but ... Saturday pretty much sucked dog dicks, starting with the Yankees/Fuck Sox game, which had a 2 hour plus rain delay going into the 8th inning. Apparently Fox caused quite a stir when they opted to interrupt their broadcast of a Nascar Race in order to carry the final innings of the game. The Yankees lost largely on Manager Joe Girardi's dubious decision in the 6th inning to pitch to Manny Ramirez with first base open and the game on the line. The Yankees lost 4-3.

I didn’t get to watch the final innings because I was stuck in purgatory aka an Off-Broadway show called “Umbrella,” which I described in some detail in an earlier post. It is a one-act 90 minute piece of drek about two sad lonely people who are together on the roof of a 10 story apartment building on the Upper Eastside. He is a peeping Tom and she is a cutter. What is a cutter? A masochist who likes/wants to be cut with a knife and in her case, cut on her stomach. Now don’t get me wrong, I like cutting-edge stuff (no pun intended) but this was terribly written and lack-lusterly performed. The critics are going to kill it, if it gets reviewed.

The clock stopped moving and the 90 minutes seemed like an eternity. I kept thinking ... no wonder you two are sad and lonely ... you are fucking losers, so just jump off the roof already ... but they didn’t. The house was almost full and when the show was over there was perfunctory applause and then the audience fled, me included.

Oh well, today will be better, especially when the Yankees recover and beat the Fuck Sox.

Oh, as you can tell, I am really getting into writing this blog. Whether it will continue on a timely basis, only time will tell.

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

No comments: