Monday, April 14, 2008

Sunday was indeed awesome

I have to say that yesterday exceeded my expectations. It was an awesome day, beginning with the Minnesota Symphonic Orchestra concert @ Lincoln Center. My seat was great, row J in the orchestra. The highlight was Mahler’s Symphony No. 1. The house was full and when the concert was over the audience gave the performers a standing ovation, something that rarely happens now days at Avery Fisher Hall.

After wandering through Barnes & Noble and then having a great slice of pizza, I was in my 4th row front balcony seat at The Beacon Theater at 7:30 for the 8:00 Comedy Central program “A Night of Too Many Stars." Security was very tight and they insisted that we be in our seats by 7:30.

It was very interesting to be a part of the audience for a live TV broadcast. The pace is slow because of the commercial breaks and scene changes. Even though it was a “live” broadcast I am sure there had to be a delay to allow for bleeping the profanity that was rampant.

The show itself was very funny and I thought all of the performers were excellent and it was definitely worth the rather expensive ticket.

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

No comments: