Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Billi Pod - Yankee Stadium - Monday Night - Brrrrrrrrrr!!

Last night was my first Yankee game of the season. Yes, I had a ticket for the Opening Day game on Monday, March 31, but that game was canceled due to rain and reset for Tuesday, April 1, and I could have used my ticket for it, but ... and a huge but ... I had already made plans with my dear friend and fraternity brother Stumpy Harris of Orlando, a mega-Bull Gator, to see the Gators play UMass in the NIT semi-final game at Madison Square Garden, so it was a no-brainer - The Gators over the Yankees any and every time!!!

You know the results - the Gators lost but I had a great time with Stumpy and his friends and it was an awesome experience to see the game from the floor level seats directly behind the Gator bench and Billy D.

So, last night was my first game of the season as part of my 20-game Flex season ticket package. Under this plan I get to pick and choose my games prior to the beginning of the season and I always sit in the Loge area, the covered area between the field level seats and the upper tiers. I have been a season ticket holder since 1999, and I usually try to see games during the week rather than on the weekend because my seats are much better then.

As a season ticket holder I am able to purchase tickets to other games prior to their sale to the general public, and using that privilege, I now have a ticket to every home game against The Fuck Sox ... ooooops .... sorry I mean The Red Sox.

I have a ticket for the final home game in The House That Ruth Built for the September 21st game against Baltimore. Dumb me ... when they went on sale I only bought one ticket rather than two. The game sold out in a nano-second and seats, no matter where, are going for big bucks on eBay and Craigslist.

Another perk from my season ticket package are vouchers allowing me to purchase an additional 8 games at 1/2 price and I will make a trip out to the stadium either Thursday or Friday and purchase the 8 additional games I have selected.

When that happens I will have in hand tickets for 36 of the home games. Last year I saw 36 regular season games and 1 game in the post season.

Last night was a very cold and windy night in the Bronx and I wore everything warm that I own, trust me, I am not exaggerating, everything warm that I own ... and I was still freezing my ass off. I had a picture taken of me in all of my stuff, but I haven’t figured out how to post it as part of the blog. Oh well, luckily the Yankees won 6-1 behind excellent pitching from Mike Mussina and the bullpen. The bad news - Derek Jeter left the game after two innings with a leg muscle injury. No word yet on how long he will be out.

My next games will be the two games against the Fuck Sox on April 16th and 17th.

So, Go Yankees!!

No comments: