Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Wiesenthal - A Particle of Dread - Christmas


Tuesday==>It is a gloomy and rainy morning here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World. Oh well ... it is supposed to get even worse as the day progresses and into the evening hours.

As I mentioned in yesterday’s posting ... bad weather is in the forecast for tomorrow with storms all along the East Coast. Hopefully, in the morning I will be able to get out of LGA and down to Orlando ... keep your fingers crossed for me, please.

So ... let’s move on with Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s Off Broadway show ...

WIESENTHAL, this one-man show, written and performed by Tom Dugan, tells the story of Simon Wiesenthal, nicknamed the ‘Jewish James Bond,’ who devoted his life to bringing more than 1,100 Nazi war criminals to justice==>A

This is a very well-performed show that is both informative and emotionally involving as it traces Wiesenthal’s life from the ghettos in Austria, to multiple concentration camps, to survival and then his lifelong quest to bring those responsible for the horrors of The Holocaust to justice.

It takes place in 2003 on the day the 95 year old retired and is set in his office at Vienna’s Jewish Documentation Center. The audience is a group of young students visiting his office. The set is totally amazing.

Dugan also does an amazing job in becoming Wiesenthal as well as a series of other characters.

When the show was over I felt totally emotionally drained, but very glad that I had seen the show.

Billi Pod says==>You gotta see this show.

It opened on November 5th to very favorable reviews, is playing at the Theatre Row Complex on my West 42nd Street block, has a running time of 1:30, without intermission, and runs through February 22nd.

Moving on ...

This afternoon I have an Off Broadway show ...

2:00==>A PARTICLE OF DREAD (Oedipus Variations) - “Avant-garde playwright Sam Shepard, in this modern-day take on Oedipus Rex, has sent a forensic scientist - in a trench coat, no less - into the realm of classical mythology to investigate the mysterious murder of a king at a crossroads. His conclusion: The killer was a lone assassin with a big left foot and a whole lot of rage.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

This show opened to very mixed reviews, is playing at The Signature Theatre Complex on West 42nd Street, has a running time of 1:25, without intermission, and runs though January 4th.

I have a deep gut feeling that this show is gonna fall into the either “loved-it” or “hated-it” category, which is my usual reaction to Sam Shepard’s works. We will see ...

My original plan for after the show was to meet up with my friends Dian Crystal aka My Lady and Marty Kosarik aka Whatever for an early dinner down in Chelsea. Well, unfortunately, this morning Marty is under-the-weather so we have canceled those plans.

Marty==>Get Well ASAP!!

So ... after the show I will come back to PHC and begin my final countdown to Billi Pod’s Christmas In Orlando Adventure, which begins when I am picked up by my car service at 4:30am tomorrow morning.

Now ... my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... please cross your collective fingers and pray with me that The Norris Travel Curse does not appear.

Hopefully, the next posting will be from Orlando.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>2.16 miles (or, 4,725 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>1,426.03 miles (average 4.01 miles per day)

GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: