Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Plus/Minus - Christmas Stuff - The Messiah


Tuesday==>Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, yesterday was certainly one of those “PLUS/MINUS” days for your favorite blogger here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

What am I talking about I know most of you are anxiously asking your inner selves? Well, inner selves ... this is what I mean ...

On the plus side==>I was able to accomplish most of the things on a rather extended errands and chores list, even though several of them meant braving the elements. 

And, a major positive was completing most of the things I had to do gift-wise for Christmas, including the cards and cash for the building staff. Now, that was a chore ... we have 14 guys on the staff, plus the superintendent ... so ... do the math.

On the minus side==>around 4:00pm, totally out of nowhere, my nose started to run and then I began coughing and sneezing big-time. I began to feel really blah. WTF?? No way was I even considering going outside the warm and cozy confines of PHC for any entertainment event ... no way.

I immediately began my tried-and-true regimen of Echinacea & Goldseal and at my usual bedtime, 2:00am, the nose had stopped running and the coughing and sneezing was pretty much under control.

Yeah ... it was a PLUS/MINUS day, for sure.

I am happy to report that when I woke up this morning at the usual 8:00am I felt fine ... so ... let’s keep our fingers crossed because ...

Your favorite blogger has a major concert scheduled for this evening at Lincoln Center ...

7:30==>NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC @ Avery Fisher Hall, performing Handel’s “Messiah,” the quintessential classical music highlight of the holiday season. (season subscription series)

Yes, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, this always awesome performance will get your favorite blogger totally into a Holiday mood, as it always does.

Whenever I hear the Messiah I remember back to high school (Summerlin Institute in Bartow, FL) where I was a member of the Glee Club for 3 years, under the iron-fisted direction of Miss Margaret Clark (who was one tough lady, especially on the guys).

We performed the Messiah each season, but our version always ended with the Hallelujah Chorus, omitting the final 4 numbers in the original format. Frankly, I still like our format better.

For this concert I expect to be seated next to my friends attorneys Alan and Irene Warshauer and that will be nice.

OK ... time to post this and then make my weekly trip to The Food Emporium to take advantage of the additional 5% senior discount.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.53 miles (or, 7,718 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>1,403.82 miles (average 4.02 miles per day)

GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: