Thursday, December 18, 2014

Billi Pod’s Winter Cold - Dan Brawley


Thursday==>This is gonna be a brief report from your favorite blogger here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, because he is in the midst of a nasty sneezing, coughing, nose-dripping spell.

Yeah ... my winter cold hit Tuesday afternoon and I have been in the warm and cozy confines of PHC ever since, basically feeling like shit.

Tuesday afternoon I went down to Chelsea to pick up my final Christmas gifts and then I decided to do a walk and wander session, despite the cold and windy weather. Majorly bad decision.

When I go back to the apartment I was sneezing and coughing like crazy and felt terrible. I immediately went online and was able to change by ticket for the evening’s New York Philharmonic “The Messiah” concert to Friday’s matinee. This is one of the major perks of being a season subscriber.

Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, I won’t bore you with many more boring details other than to say that all day and evening Wednesday I felt terrible. I left PHC only to go to the post office to mail my Christmas stuff and then get some pizza. I had to cancel my plans to meet up with John Scott Reed aka Fabson and his dad Stan Reed aka Stan The Man for dinner.

This morning, Thursday, I am still coughing and sneezing and my nose is running, all despite taking all kinds of stuff ... oh well ... 

Luckily I don’t have anything planned for tonight.

So .. you are now up-to-date on why no postings.

Gonna post this and then crawl back into bed and suck my thumb for awhile.

In closing ...

I am deeply saddened about the death of my long time friend Dan Brawley of Lakeland, FL, who died Tuesday, at the age of 68.

Dan was a really great guy, an accomplished artist and a highly talented and professional attorney. We go back a long long time.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife, Judge Susan Roberts.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>1.57 miles (or, 3.438 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>1,409.67 miles (average 4.02 miles per day)

GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: