Saturday, December 20, 2014

I’m Back - New York Philharmonic - Dark Side of the Moon - Carl Strang



Saturday==>Yes, my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... as of 8:30am this morning your favorite blogger IS BACK!! 

Yep, I have put the annual Winter Cold behind me, Thank You Higher Power, and it is now time to move on and leave the warm and cozy confines of PHC for an entertainment doubleheader to put an end to the mind-numbing, totally boring past 4 days.

Unfortunately, the Weather Gods haven’t been that accommodating because at 8:30am it is 31º, with wind chill down to 23º due to a brisk wind coming off the Hudson River. Oh well ...

Before we start with the details on today’s doubleheader ... I want to express my appreciation for all of the thoughtful texts, posts and emails. They helped a lot.

Now ... what about today ... well ... let’s start with ...

A concert at Lincoln Center ... 

2:00==>NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC @ Avery Fisher Hall - “A festival of holiday favorites, including “The Night Before Christmas” narrated by Mo Rocca.” (concert - discounted TDF ticket).

In yesterday’s posting I had erroneously reported that the performer was to be Whoopie Goldberg. I was wrong - for this performance it is the comedian Mo Rocca. Oh well ... 

When the concert is over I will come back to the warm and cozy confines of PHC for my usual pre-theater snack, a fruit and cheese plate, and then it will be time for the second part of my doubleheader ...

A rock concert ...

8:00==>DARK SIDE OF THE MOON @ Town Hall - “Pink Floyd's masterpiece, ‘The Dark Side of The Moon,’ will be performed live by the cover-band Floyd Affair, featuring its full 10-member lineup to recreate the crown jewel of the progressive rock era. The band will faithfully reproduce the iconic concept album accompanied by a dazzling light show & surprising scenes.” (concert - complimentary ticket)

As many of you loyal and faithful readers and followers know, I am a 110% Pink Floyd fan from many many many years ago ... back in the 60s. I have to say that this was much to the chagrin of most of my older judicial colleagues. I have seen the original group perform several times plus a couple of cover bands, too.

Really charged about this.

I mean ... what better way to cap Billi Pod's entertainment doubleheader and return to “normality” than a rock concert featuring Pink Floyd music. Oh yes ...

In closing==>I am sad to report that on Friday my longtime friend Carl Strang of Winter Haven, FL, died. He was 81 years old. 

Carl was a gentleman and an intellect who had a positive impact on countless lives over his lifetime. He will be missed.

REST IN PEACE CARLOS!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>2.05 miles (or, 4,497 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>1,413.04 miles (average 4.00 miles per day)

GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: