Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Errands, Chores & College Football - New York Philharmonic Concert


Tuesday==>We need to get today’s posting started because at noon I have a routine follow-up appointment with my eye doctor, Dina B. Weintraub, at her office on East 49th Street. She monitors the pressure in both of my eyes every two months or so. Hopefully I won’t have to do the dreaded/hated “field-of-vision” test.

When this appointment is over I will then either walk or bus up to East 61st Street to the office of my heart doctor, Fred Feuerbach, for the routine finger prick to check my Coumadin level. As directed, I have this totally painless procedure done every 6-8 weeks.

Then, depending on the weather, I will either walk or subway back to the apartment. I really hope the weather is OK because I want/need some outside walking and wandering time, I really do ... but ... at 9:00am it is only 31º and with wind chill it is down to 25º. Brrrrrrrrrr!

Oh well ... we'll just have to wait-and-see ... so ... moving on ...

My entertainment event for this evening is a classical music concert at Lincoln Center ...

7:30==>NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA @ Avery Fisher Hall - The program is:

Rachmaninoff - Piano Concerto No. 1 (performed by Daniil Trifonov);
Rimsky-Korsakov - Capriccio espagnol; and,
Tchaikovsky - Symphony No. 6, “Pathetique.”
(season subscription series)

This concert will be conducted by Juanjo Mena, chief conductor of the BBC Philharmonic in England.

Your favorite blogger is really in need of a classical music fix and this concert should fill-the-bill.

Moving on some more ...

As I posted yesterday, Monday was mostly devoted to my errands and chores list, which, I am happy to report, is now 95% completed. In doing so I did have to spend more time out in the elements than I had originally anticipated. Kinda unpleasant.

The upside was that it allowed me to record another excellent walking day on my WeightWatchers Pedometer==>5.05 miles

I need to record at least 4 miles for today and 4 miles for tomorrow in order to maintain my daily average for 2014 at 4.01 miles per day, which ain't bad for a 80+ year old guy, IMHO!!

For the late afternoon and evening I opted to remain in the warm and cozy confines of PHC in front of my 42” flat screen TV watching college football. 

The most exciting game was in the Liberty Bowl as underdog Texas A&M beat West Virginia, 45-37, in an offensive shoot-out.

In the Russell Athletic Bowl underdog Clemson majorly kicked butt, beating Oklahoma40-6. The Sooners looked like they were sleepwalking. It was embarrassing and I felt bad for Coach Stoops.

And, in the Texas Bowl, underdog Arkansas beat Texas, 31-7 - GO SEC!!

So ... it is now time to post this and then get ready to head out for my appointments.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.05 miles (or, 11,057 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>1,455.68 miles (average 4.01 miles per day)

GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

1 comment:

Whatshisname said...

So...this is what I get...? On a whim I decided to read further down into the dreaded...sports section...and what could POSSIBLY be running around in that brain of yours to even consider a West Virginia loss exciting...BUT TO TEXAS?!?! That's it. I've learned my lesson. you are not to be trusted with anything but Arts and Entertainment. Men running around chasing balls is NOT Art. Depending on how tight their uniforms are it can be entertaining... especially when they get wet and dirty...but I'm getting sidetracked. What was I saying about men's balls? Argh!!! In the future please remember, one never...EVER roots for Texas. Remember.their slogan...
Don't mess with Texas...(it's not nice to make fun of the retarded).