Monday, October 14, 2013

Sunday Was A Kinda Weird WTF Day


Monday==>Yes, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, in the name of fair and unbiased reporting your favorite blogger here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, must reveal that yesterday was a really weird WTF? kinda day.

What am I talking about, I know you all are breathlessly asking your inner selves?

Well ... inner selves ... stay with me as I share with you the things that happened yesterday ... but remember ... you have to read all of this posting ... yep ... that’s right ... Billi Pod is invoking Section 2(b)(iii) of the Terms of Service Agreement that each of you accepted when you became loyal and faithful readers and followers of Billi Pod Blogs.

So ... as background ... in yesterday’s posting I gave out information and details about my scheduled entertainment doubleheader ...

4:00==>BEYOND WORDS, a 75 minute show down in The Village; and,

7:00==>STORIES MY GRANDMOTHER TOLD ME, a show at the new Spiral Theatre on West 36th Street.

It was my plan to get to the theater in The Village at 3:30pm, so at the "appropriate" time I headed out of PHC to subway downtown. I made sure I had the confirmation emails for each show and I verified the starting times just before I left the apartment. I am a bit paranoid about that.

As I was playing solitaire on my iPhone on the A train I noticed that the time was 2:15pm ... not 3:15pm. OMG. WTF?

Yes, I had mistakenly left an hour early. Dumb ... really dumb ... but no matter, thought I ... because the weather is nice, so I’ll just walk and wander down in The Village area for an extra hour ... and that’s what I did.

Now, Billi Pod’s report card on the show, BEYOND WORDS, a mixture of music, monologues and mime written and performed by Bill Bowers that takes us on a journey from Boyhood to Manhood=>B+<==extremely well written and performed. Very thought provoking, too.

The show ran for 90 minutes rather than the advertised 75 minutes.

No problem, I still had time to walk up to 36th Street for my second show @ 7:00pm. I didn’t, however, stop off at Penn Station for a snack as originally planned.

I have to admit that I was still processing the fact that I had originally left the apartment an hour early.

Had a half cup of coffee and then it was time to pick up my ticket for my 7:00pm show==>STORIES MY GRANDMOTHER TOLD ME, which weaves a modern Southern Gothic tale of a young man's relationship with the matriarch of his family.

When I got to the theater on the 3rd floor it was 6:40pm and I was surprised that no one was in the lobby area and the ticket table was unmanned. WTF?

A young man came out of one of the offices and I asked him if he was the ticket guy and he looked at me rather strangely and said yes ... but ... the show was already in progress. It had started at 6:00pm. 6:00pm==>WTF??

I got out my confirmation email and ... yes ... the starting time was indeed shown as 7:00pm, NOT 6:00pm. WTF??

There was a posting on the entrance to the theater with the correct time and I took this pic to verify what had happened.

Obviously, either the theater had told TDF the wrong time, or TDF had made a mistake in its posting.

Well ... there was nothing I could do about it ... so back to PHC I went.

I was, however, majorly pissed off. I sent an email to TDF, with pics, telling them what had happened and requesting a refund of my $9.00 (no response yet).

I settled in to watch game 2 of the ALCS, The Tigers vs. The Boston FuckSox, in that cesspool known as Fenway Park.

The Tigers built a 5-run lead and Billi Pod was in Anti-FuckSox Heaven ... when ... the bullpen imploded and Big Papi hit a grand slam to tie the game. The FuckSox ultimately won 6-5 in the bottom of the 9th. Barf and double Barf.

Yeah ... I guess it was a rather fitting end to what can only be classified as a WTF? day/evening.

Anyway ... moving on to today ...

Well, it is Monday and that means that Billi Pod has the usual errands and chores to do ... then ... for the evening is ...

7:00==>THE SECOND MAN - “Explores the relationships of four very different people: Clark, a hack writer; Kendall, a wealthy older woman; Monica, a starry-eyed young thing; and, Austin, a rich scientist.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

This is a staged reading at a benefit for The Peccadillo Theater Company and is being performed at The Theatre at St. Clement’s on West 46th Street.

It is time to post this and then get to work ... oh ... one major positive about yesterday was the walking mileage ... 

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>6.15 miles (or, 13,458 steps)

Total mileage for the week==>25.43 miles (average 3.63 miles per day)

Total mileage since 7/1/13==>355.86 miles (average 3.42 miles per day)

GO GATORS!!  

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”




No comments: