Sunday, October 20, 2013

Saturday==>My Sports World Sucked!!


Sunday==>OK, my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... let’s get right to it ... yesterday basically sucked in the sports world for your favorite blogger. Yep ... basically sucked ... and that is putting it mildly.

What am I talking about I know you non-sports fans are asking your pathetic inner selves? Well ... pathetic inner selves ... this is what I mean ...

Yesterday every team that Billi Pod was rooting for lost ... The Florida Gators, The South Carolina Gamecocks, The Texas A&M Aggies and then The Detroit Tigers.

It was so bad that my son Bill III aka The Bill, of Orlando, FL, told me in no uncertain terms that I couldn’t say or even think ... Roll Tide.

The most painful loss was the 36-17 ass-whipping given the #22 ranked Gators by #14 ranked Missouri, led by a QB making his first career start. We went into the game 3-point favorites ... yeah ... right.

Coach Muskrat and his woeful team sucked in every aspect of the game. It was really painful to watch.

Folks, remember that after the LSU loss last week I commented that there was a good possibility that the Gators could end the season with a record of 6-6. Well ... after Vanderbilt’s 31-27 upset win over Georgia ... the Gators could easily end up with a record of 5-7. BARF AND DOUBLE BARF!!

Well ... having vented I feel a bit better ... actually ... wrong ... I feel no better ... but ... it is time to move on with Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s entertainment event ...

NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA @ Avery Fisher Hall - The program was: Rachmaninoff - Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini, performed by Dirill Gerstein; and, Shostakovich - Symphony No. 11==>EXCELLENT, as usual.

The highlight was Shostakovich’s Symphony No. 11, which was composed to honor the October Revolution and Bloody Sunday in January 1905.

When the concert was over I walked back to PHC. It was a bit chilly and windy but that was OK because I needed the mileage.

I have to admit to you loyal and faithful readers and followers that I am on somewhat of a classical music binge because this afternoon I have my third concert in three consecutive days ...

3:00==>LONDON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA @ Avery Fisher Hall - “The program is: Mozart - ‘Jenamy’ Concerto, performed by Emanuel Ax; and, Shostakovich - Symphony No. 4.” (complimentary ticket)

I was totally amazed when this concert showed up on one of my ticket services, I mean, a comp. ticket to hear one of the World’s premiere orchestras? Doesn’t get much better than this, trust me, it doesn’t.

After the concert I will meet up with my theater-buddy, Marty Kosarik aka Whatever, and we will have an early dinner somewhere in my Hell’s Kitchen ‘hood.

I will close this posting by regretfully acknowledging that The Boston FuckSox will be playing The St. Louis Cardinals in The World Series, the first game being in that fetid cesspool known as Fenway Park this coming Wednesday night @ 8:00pm.

HAVE A GREAT REST OF THE WEEKEND EVERYONE!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>2.63 miles (or, 5,756 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/13==>384.12 miles (average 3.46 miles per day)

GO GATORS!!  

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”



No comments: