Tuesday, October 1, 2013

BROADWAY UNPLUGGED==>Outstanding!!


Tuesday==>It is a very nice early Fall day here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World. Azure blue skies with a few puffy clouds, a nice breeze off the Hudson River and temperature of 76ยบ at noon. The projected high is in the upper 70s, low 80s. Not bad.

Still have a few leftover chores from yesterday’s to-do list, including my weekly trip to The Food Emporium, across the street from my apartment building, to take advantage of the additional 5% senior discount.

So ... let’s get started with my thoughts and comments about last night’s concert at Town Hall ...

BROADWAY UNPLUGGED: BARITONES UNBOUND @ Town Hall - “An evening of Broadway tunes, performed without amplification by an all-star cast of veteran Broadway performers and dancers.” 

The show, produced, written and hosted by Scott Siegel, was OUTSTANDING and featured a cast of Broadway veterans and legends singing without being amplified by mikes. It was beautiful from beginning to end.

The highlight of the evening for me was the final number performed by Baritones Unbound (Marc Kudish, Jeff Mattsey and Ben Davis), “The Impossible Dream” from Man of La Mancha.

A close second was Noah Racey & The NY Song & Dance Company singing and tap-dancing to “I’ve Got You Under My Skin” from Come Fly Away.

As I anticipated, my comp. seat was in the rear of the upper balcony but, thankfully, just before the show was to start I was able to move down to the 4th row of the balcony, which was pretty awesome.

Yes, when the show was over I left Town Hall with a big smile on my face.

I made it back to PHC in time to watch the final innings of the nail-biting tiebreaker wild-card playoff game between The Tampa Bay Rays and The Texas Rangers. 

The Rays won 5-2 behind a complete game from David Price and despite a terribly blown call by the umpiring crew. With the win they will next play one game against the on-fire Cleveland Indians on Wednesday, in Cleveland.

GO RAYS!!

As promised in yesterday's posting ... here are your favorite blogger’s predictions for the post season.

AL Champion - The Boston FuckSox.

NL Champion - The Los Angeles Dodgers

World Series Champion - The Boston FuckSox (pant and gasp)

Yes ... I will answer your question(s) in advance==>I am an avid American League fan but there is no way I can ever, under any circumstances or conditions, pull for the Boston FuckSox to win anything, regardless of who they might be playing.

So there ... just live with it.

Like most, if not all, of my loyal and faithful readers and followers, I am totally disgusted with what is happening (or not happening) in that fetid cesspool known as Capitol Hill in Washington, DC.

To me it represents everything that is wrong with our political system, particularly the legislative branch, which, to me, has always been the weakest link, whether at the national, state, or local level.

Legislators==>you are going to let our active duty military forces go without pay? WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Moving on ... 

As I am writing this posting I still haven’t decided which entertainment event I will select for this evening. Actually, I am holding out to the last minute hoping that The Winslow Boy will show up on one of my services. If not I, of course, have multiple other options ... so ...

Time to post this and head out to the grocery store and then some walking and wandering time to take advantage of the awesome weather.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.38 miles (or, 7,388 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/13==>321.59 miles (average 3.50 miles per day)

GO GATORS!! GO RAYS!!  

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”






No comments: