Friday, October 25, 2013

Billi Pod’s WTF? Moment Last Night


Friday==>OK, my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... let’s get right to it ... the it being ... Billi Pod’s WTF? moment last night.

As most of you know from yesterday’s posting, my entertainment event for the evening was a drama, A MIND BENDING EVENING OF BECKETT, scheduled for 8:00pm down at The Studio @ The Irish Repertory Theatre on West 22nd Street.

Normally I would walk to and from the theater but because it was chilly and windy I decided that I would subway instead. So ... I planned my schedule around leaving the apartment at 7:00pm. That would give me plenty of time to pick up the ticket etc.

The show had been scheduled through one of my ticket services so, as required, I had printed out the confirmation email to have with me if the box office asked for it. Some venues do, some don’t.

It was 7:00pm and just before I headed out the door I checked to make sure I had the right email and ... OMG! WTF??==>the email had the starting time for the show to be 7:00pm, rather than the 8:00pm time I had put on my calendar. WTF????????

Now, please understand ... 7:00pm is a rather unusual starting time for a Thursday show, even for Off Broadway shows.

I immediately went online to the theater’s website to confirm the 7:00pm starting time ... and ... yep ... on Thursday’s it is 7:00pm. The rest of the night performance times are 8:00pm, but for some reason it is 7:00pm on Thursday.

I immediately sent an email to the ticket service telling them that I had screwed up, not that I had just skipped out on the show. I know I will be hit with a penalty for failing to pick up my ticket. Oh well ... ain’t nuttin I can do about it ... 

At least I discovered it before reaching the box office. That would have been really embarrassing.

Since I was all dressed up for the elements I quickly checked my IMDb app. for starting times at the two movie theaters in my area and there was nothing up that I wanted to see.

So ... I changed clothes and settled in to watch game 2 of the World Series from that fetid cesspool known as Fenway Park.

As you sports fans know, it was a nail biter, with The Cards pulling off a 4-2 win aided and abetted by some really sloppy defensive play by The FuckSox.

The Series, tied 1-1, now moves to St. Louis, with the next game at 8:00pm on Saturday.

Well ... there you have Billi Pod’s WTF? moment.

Let’s move on to today ...

Actually, as I am writing this posting at noon, things entertainment-wise are presently in flux.

Nothing of interest has shown up yet on my ticket services, although I have every confidence that something will. If not ... then my fallback option will be the Daniel Radcliffe movie, KILL YOUR DARLINGS @ 7:00pm.

Don’t send any snarky emails or texts ... I just verified that the starting time is really 7:00pm.

Will close with a great photo of my great-granddaughter Saylor Falletta at the annual Halloween Parade and Carnival in Bartow, FL.





















HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!!

Oh ... yesterday was also a sucky day walking-wise ... 

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>1.00 miles (or, 2,197 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/13==>396.93 miles (average 3.42 miles per day)

GO GATORS!!  

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”



No comments: