Thursday, June 20, 2013

Wednesday==>Baseball


Thursday==>I am happy to report that the weather today here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, is GREAT!! Azure blue skies again, nice breeze and temperature of 73ยบ @ 11:30am.

The same was true for yesterday afternoon’s entertainment event for your favorite blogger, the first game of the day/night doubleheader against The LOS ANGELES DODGERS, who are managed by Yankee legend Don Mattingly aka Donnie Baseball.

I went out to Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built, a bit early so I could do some walking in and around the stadium.

At the start of the game The Bleacher Creatures included Mattingly in their roll-call and when his name was chanted he acknowledged from the visitor’s dugout by tipping his cap. It was really nice.

As you loyal and faithful readers and followers know, The Bronx Bombers won the first game by a score of 6-4 as our starter Hiroki Kuroda pitched a decent game. We got clutch hitting and Mo’s 25th save.

I am glad I opted to use my rain out ticket for this game.

When I got back to PHC around 5:00pm I had the usual fruit and cheese plate, then did some walking and wandering in my immediate ‘hood until it was time for the second game of the doubleheader. I had decided to stay in to watch it.

Well, as much fun as game 1 was, game 2 basically sucked as Phil Hughes had another lackluster performance and our bats went totally dead. We lost the boring game 6-0.

In fact, the game was so boring that in the 6th inning I switched to watching the College World Series.

Tonight’s entertainment event is more baseball ...

7:05pm==>YANKEES/TAMPA BAY @ Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built. (season ticket package).

The Rays are in town for the first game of a 4-game series.

On the mound for The Bronx Bombers will be Andy Pettitte (5-4) vs. Matt Moore (8-3) for The Rays.

Moving on ...

Man, do I have an exciting Friday and Saturday coming up. Will share the details in tomorrow’s posting, so stay tuned.

Yesterday was a pretty awesome walking day, too ... yeah ... I know ... 666 ... had I been paying attention I would have walked at least .01 mile more ... oh well ... 

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>6.66 miles (or, 14,566 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,672.06 miles 

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: