Monday, June 17, 2013

Not A Nice Ending To The Weekend


Monday==>Well my loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the wastelands, hinterlands and boondocks, and my Worker Bee friends wherever you are ... your weekend is now over and it is time to get back to work.

Remember, it is important for each and everyone of you to remain in the workforce for as long as you are physically and mentally able in order to support this shrinking economy and, most importantly, to take care of us poor retirees who are eking out our lowly existences on meager government-funded stipends. 

Unfortunately, most of you will never be able to join us ... but that’s just how life works now, so ... live with it and work long and hard ...

This happy note brings your favorite blogger to a rather unhappy report card on the conclusion to the weekend. What am I talking about I know your inner selves are asking? Well ... inner selves ... it goes down like this ...

My evening’s entertainment event was @ 7:00pm, the Off Broadway show THE EXPLORERS CLUB, playing at the Manhattan Theatre Club on West 55th Street.

At the appropriate time I left PHC and leisurely strolled up and over to the theater while listening to the YANKEES/ANGELS game on my new Walkman. It was very pleasant out.

When I got to the box office at around 6:15pm I presented my confirmation voucher to the nice box office lady, who looked at it, handed it back to me, and said:

"Sir, they made a mistake. There was never a performance scheduled for tonight @ 7:00pm. There was one for 2:00pm but never one for 7:00pm. Oh, you aren't the first one to show up. Sorry!!"

WTF!!

I have had times when the producers have canceled a show or withdrawn the comp. tickets, but this situation, a never-scheduled-time, was a first. WTF!!

Well, there was nothing I could do about it. I checked to see if any of the movies I wanted to see had a starting time that was convenient and ... nope ... they didn’t. WTF!!

So ... I walked back to PHC while listening to the final innings of the Yankees game, which they nearly blew in the bottom of the 9th ... details below.

When I got back to PHC I wrote a rather snarky email to my ticket service and they responded in kind, insisting that it was the producer’s fault not theirs. Whatever ...

They re-booked me for Wednesday @ 7:00pm

Settled in and watched baseball for the remainder of the evening, alternating between the College World Series and MLB.

This certainly wasn’t the way I wanted to end what had been a pretty awesome weekend ... oh well ...

Moving on ...

Tonight’s entertainment event will be a return to the Off Broadway show ...
7:30==>POTTED POTTER - “Two performers condense all seven Harry Potter books into 70 madcap minutes, aided only by multiple costume changes, brilliant songs, ridiculous props and a generous helping of Hogwarts magic.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

I saw it back on June 2 and gave it another A

Tonight I will be seeing it with Kate Martin (who is about 1/2 way through her fashion-industry internship) and my theater-buddy Marty Kosarik aka Numnutz.

When the show is over we will walk up to 47th Street to have a late dinner at Meske, my favorite Ethiopian restaurant.

We have been trying to entice our mutual theater-buddy Dian Crystal aka My Lady to join us but thus far it hasn’t worked.

Since I have mentioned Marty ... I guess it is time for a bit of sports news for him ...

Yesterday afternoon the Yankees beat the Angels 6-5 to avoid the sweep and to end a 5-game losing streak. It wasn’t an easy victory, however.

Our ace CC Sabathia was protecting a 6-0 lead going into the bottom of the 9th, when he imploded. Sabathia gave up 2-runs, David Robertson gave up 2-runs and Mo. gave up 1-run. OMG!! Were we gonna blow this one?

Then Mo. stuck out Albert Pujols with the bases loaded and we ended the west coast road trip with a 4-6 record.

The Yankees have today off and then have 2-games with The Dodgers and 4-games against The Rays at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built.

I will see one game in each series.

As you know, today is Billi Pod’s usual errands and stuff day, so he will post this and begin working on his to-do list.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.56 miles (or, 12,165 steps)

Mileage for week==>39.74 miles (average 5.68 miles per day)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,658.83 miles (average 4.73 miles per day)

Miles remaining to reach 1,700 by 7/1/13==>41.17 miles (average 2.94 miles per day)

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”


No comments: