Saturday, June 15, 2013

A Tripleheader Today For Billi Pod


Saturday==>Had a wonderful time yesterday with Dian Crystal aka My Lady.

We met up at Joe Allen, one of my favorite Theater District restaurants, on Restaurant Row and had a great early dinner, Dian’s treat. Thank you My Lady!

Then we leisurely strolled across town to Midtown East, stopping several times for My Lady to replenish her Godiva chocolate inventory. Our evening’s entertainment event was at The York Theatre ...

BARE: THE MUSICAL, the contemporary rock musical that follows a group of teens wrestling with issues of identity, sexuality, and religion at a co-ed Catholic boarding school.

We both had seen the show when it was at New World Stages back in December 2012. I had given it an A and Dian said she had also liked it a lot.

This production wasn’t of the same caliber, however, impeded a lot by the much smaller stage and some serious early lighting glitches. The young cast was excellent and the second act was much much better.

Bottom line ... I liked the show and give it a B+ but, in the name of fair and unbiased reporting==>Dian hated it and fled at intermission. Oh well ...

Moving on ... 

Your favorite blogger has something a bit usual for today ... an AWESOME TRIPLEHEADER. Yes, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, a TRIPLEHEADER ... so I need to move quickly with this posting ... 

The first entertainment event will be ...  
2:15==>THE BOAT FACTORY - “Belfast 1947. The sun shines down on a postwar world. A 16 year-old boy starts life as an apprentice at Harland & Wolff's  Shipyard. A moving picture of boat-building, male friendship, hardship, humor and heroism.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

This show is playing at the 59W59 Theater Complex, one of my favorite venues.

I will come back to PHC for the usual fruit and cheese plate and then will head downtown to The West Village for my second show ...

7:00==>RANTOUL AND DIE - “Rallis and Debbie's marriage has reached its expiration date. In fact, it's soured and stuck to the bottom of the carton. How far will a man go to hang onto his lady?” (Off Broadway - free ticket)

This is playing at the Cherry Lane Theater and has a running time of 90 minutes, with an intermission.

When the show is over I will race to the subway station to return to my ‘hood for my third show ...

10:00==>THE BANANA MONOLOGUES - “The hilarious true story about one relationship, one woman... that gave one man, the best sex of his life... and all the crap that went all long with it. An all-too-common conflict between lust and love.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

This one-man show has played throughout the country and has received excellent reviews. It is playing at the Theatre Row Complex on my block.

So ... there you have it ... I hope you agree that it looks like a pretty interesting day/night for Billi Pod here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

I am so f**king disappointed with The Wankies that I’m not gonna spend the time today to post anything about their ongoing woefulness.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.87 miles (or, 10,654 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,644.35 miles 

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: