Friday, June 28, 2013

A Tripleheader For Your Favorite Blogger.


Friday==>I want to express my heartfelt thanks for all of you loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in cyberspace who took the time to email/post/text me about reaching the awesome 1,700-mile walking challenge back on Tuesday the 25th.

I also appreciate the positive feedback about my “Bridge Walking” adventure that is now underway. 

And, in response to several inquiries ... yes ... your favorite blogger is indeed contemplating skydiving on his 80th birthday on April 23, 2014.

I made a serious omission in yesterday’s posting. What was it I know you are all breathlessly asking your inner selves? Well ... inner selves ... this is it ...

On June 27, 2001, I was admitted to New York Presbyterian Hospital in the Upper Eastside, in the throes of congestive heart failure. 

It was there that I became a patient of cardiologist Dr. Fred Feuerbach. Fred's caring professionalism helped me recover and then survive for the ensuing 12 years.

So ... THANK YOU, Fred==>I am here today because of you.

When I posted yesterday I told you loyal and faithful readers and followers that I hadn’t scheduled an entertainment event for the evening, but that I had several options.

Well ... after sifting through the various options Billi Pod opted for a movie ...

THIS IS THE END - “While attending a party at James Franco’s house in Hollywood, Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill and many other celebrities are faced with the apocalypse.”

I totally loved this movie because it has the frat-boy, gross-out humor that I like.

It is in-your-face profane and filled with blood, gore, body-fluids and endless jibes at the Hollywood scene. Nothing is spared or off-limits, including Emma Watson spewing the F-word and killing people with an ax so that they may be eaten.

It is, of course, totally a guy movie and not one to take your bible-thumping relatives to.

My only quibble is that it is runs just under hours and that is about 15 minutes too long.

Having said that ... Billi Pod says==>if the comments above turn you on ... then see this movie. If not ... then stay far far away.

Moving on ...

Today is a tripleheader for your favorite blogger here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, starting with a staged reading that I am seeing as a part of Dian Crystal’s posse ...

1:00==>UNEXPECTED JOY - “Features three generations of female singers, long-held family tensions and a week together where change is in the air.” (free ticket)

This is part of the York Theatre’s Developmental Reading Series.

Hopefully Dian’s posse will include Marty and Vera.

When the reading is over we will leisurely walk across town to my Hell’s Kitchen ‘hood for an early dinner at our favorite Ethiopian restaurant, Meske, located on West 47th Street.

After dinner we will split and I will come back to PHC and chill until it is time for my evening’s entertainment event, the Off Broadway show ...

8:00==>ALLIGATOR SUMMER - “In this dark farce two southern families have taken refuge in an attic, Anne Frank style, after an endless army of alligators have overrun their small Louisiana town.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

The show was originally developed and performed at the 2010 NY Fringe Festival where it received mixed reviews.

It is playing at The Abingdon Theatre Complex on West 36th Street, has a running time of 90 minutes, without intermission, and runs through July 7th.

I have a deep feeling that this will be in the “loved-it” or “hated-it” category.

Moving on to a bit of sports for Marty ...

Last night, out at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built, The Wankies were blanked by The Rangers, losing 2-0. Need I say that our bats are totally dead? I think not.

Tonight The Wankies are in Baltimore for the first game of a 3-game series against The Orioles. 

On the mound for The Wankies will be David Phelps (5-4) vs. Kevin Gausman (0-3) for The Birds.

OK, everyone ... time to post this and then get ready for my tripleheader.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>2.37 miles (or, 5,192 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,709.28 miles 

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: