Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Baseball For This Afternoon!!


Wednesday==>It is a beautiful morning here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World. Azure blue skies, breezy and temperature of 64ยบ @ 9:30am.

Last night the weather was rather gloomy when I left PHC to head up to Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built, for game one of the highly anticipated YANKEES/DODGERS 2-game series.

I left a bit early so I could do some walking in the stadium before the game. It wasn’t raining in Manhattan. But ... when I got to The Bronx, around 6:00pm, it was nasty and raining. Bummer

Of course I hadn’t brought my umbrella so I got kinda wet as I hustled from the subway station exit to the stadium.

The tarp was on the field and people were milling around inside the stadium. It began to rain heavier. Bummer.

Around 6:45pm the PA announcer reported that the game had been postponed due to “inclement weather” and would be made-up @ 1:05pm today as the first game of a separate admission day/night doubleheader. Bummer!!

Well, the only good thing was the fact that management didn’t make us wait for 2-hours before calling the game.

People were very disappointed and to make matters worse, MTA hadn’t planned, of course, for the influx of riders at this time in the evening so there was a long wait for the B/D trains heading into Manhattan. When they finally arrived they were unpleasantly crammed.

Oh, well ... nothing I could do about it. When I finally got back to the apartment, it wasn’t raining in Manhattan. I settled in to watch the College World Series.

Ticket holders to last night’s game have two options: (1) use the ticket for this afternoon’s game, or (2) use the ticket for any available game for the remainder of the 2013 season or the 2014 season.

Because of the great weather today I will use the ticket for the afternoon game. Trust me, it is gonna feel kinda weird because the stadium will be less than 25% full of actual bodies, regardless of the announced attendance.

On the mound for The Yankees will be Hiroki Kuroda (6-5) vs. Hyun-Jin Ryu (6-2) for The Dodgers.

Moving kinda on ...

Apparently The Theater Gods don't want your favorite blogger to see THE EXPLORERS CLUB. As you will recall, I had scheduled it for last Sunday night and the performance was canceled.

Well, I had rescheduled it for tonight at 7:00pm and ... guess what ... last night I got an email from my ticket service advising that the show had been oversold and the producers had withdrawn the comp. tickets. WTF??

At the moment I am uncertain what I will do for the evening. I, frankly, am leaning toward just staying in and watching the second game of the YANKEES/DODGERS doubleheader.

Anyway ... need to post this and get ready to head up to The Bronx a bit early so I can take advantage of the good weather for a nice walk and wander session in and around the stadium.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.46 miles (or, 7,574 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,665.40 miles 

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: