Thursday, December 6, 2012

Yesterday’s Doubleheader==>AWESOME!!


WOW!! There is no other way to put it, yesterday’s entertainment doubleheader was==>AWESOME!!

First was ...

MY NAME IS ASHER LEV, about a boy in 1950s Brooklyn who must be an artist at any cost - against the will of family, community and tradition==>A+

This is a riveting family drama with outstanding acting, especially from young Ari Brand in the lead role.

This show is gonna rank in Billi Pod’s Top-Ten for 2012, without a doubt.

The running time is 90 minutes, without intermission, and the engrossing story line makes the time fly by. It runs through March 3, 2013.

Billi Pod says==>see it!!

Then for the evening I met up with my friend Justin Allen Pifer, who is finishing his first semester at Pace Law School, and we walked over to Madison Square Garden to see ...

THE WHO performing their classic rock opera Quadrophenia==>A+

Folks, they, Pete Townsend and Roger Daltrey, still rock. 

Our seats were excellent and for a change I didn’t have the usual dancing overweight female standing in front of me.

There aren't a lot of "famous" songs in Quadrophenia, except for “Love, Reign O’er Me” so they packed the encore section with their biggest hits: "Baba O'Riley," "Who Are You," "Behind Blue Eyes," "Pinball Wizard," and “Won’t Get Fooled Again.” The show ended with only Townsend and Daltrey on stage singing “Tea & Theatre.”

It was a wonderful experience and I think it was some much needed away-time for Justin, who is in the throes of preparing for his first law school final exams.

Today, may be another doubleheader. What do I mean by “may be” I know you are asking your inner selves?

Well, selves, it goes down like this ...

This afternoon I am on the “wait list” at the York Theatre for a 3:00pm performance/reading of I LOVE MY WIFE. My FaceBook friend Josh Grisetti is in the cast. I have no clue at this point if a seat will become available. I plan to arrive at the theatre at 2:00pm, so we will see.

Then for the evening is ...

8:00==>BUMBUG: The Musical - “A rock opera reinvention of ‘A Christmas Carol’ told through the looking glass of NYC Immigrants and Hyphenated Americans.” (Off Broadway - $9.00 TDF ticket)

This show is playing at a theatre on my block.

Moving on ...

Major congratulations go out to ...

Gator head coach Will Muschamp who was named the SEC Co-Coach of the Year and redshirt senior Caleb Sturgis who was named Co-Special Teams Player of the Year in the SEC individual awards. 

Muschamp was named Co-Coach of the Year along with Texas A&M’s Kevin Sumlin and earned the first SEC Coach of the Year honor for Florida since Steve Spurrier (who???) in 1996.

Yesterday’s doubleheader had an impact on my usual walking mileage, but I did log in a bit over my “required” daily average of 3.65 miles ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.75 miles (or, 8,206 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>849.25 miles 

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>229.75 miles

GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: