Sunday, December 2, 2012

ORPHEUS CHAMBER ORCHESTRA==>Excellent!!


Good morning to everyone out there in the morass known as cyberspace.

Man, it was extremely foggy this morning in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

The photo was taken at 8:30am. It is now around 11:00am and it has cleared up a bit and is 43ยบ, somewhat warmer than the past several days.

Billi Pod is happy to report to you loyal and faithful readers and followers that last night’s concert, ORPHEUS CHAMBER ORCHESTRA @ Carnegie Hall, was 110% enjoyable, especially the performance by violinist Akiko Meyers of Barber’s Violin Concerto.

The final number was Mozart’s Symphony No. 41, Jupiter, and it was beautiful.

Yesterday I posted that I was pretty certain that my comp. seat would be in the rear of the upper level nosebleed section ... well ... I couldn’t have been more wrong. My seat was in the very front of the orchestra, the first row, as far house left as you can get, A-23.

Actually, this isn’t a good location. The Hall was virtually sold-out. Fortunately, just before the concert was to begin I was able to move back 5 rows and that was just about perfect.

Before and after the concert I was able to do some extra walking in the subway platforms and that was good for the mileage, but ... OMG ... it is soooooooo boring.

Today’s scheduled entertainment event is ...

3:00==>THE EXONERATED - “A dramatization of the real-life stories of six individuals who were sentenced to death and later found to be innocent.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

This will be the final performance of this long running show which features a rotating cast, including Pink Floyd singer Roger Waters and multiple award winner Kathleen Chalfant. I had seen its original production back in 2002 and had just delayed seeing this version. Glad I was able to score a ticket for what I am sure will be a very emotional farewell performance.

Big day yesterday in the college football world.

As you know, Alabama beat Georgia, in one of the best games of the year, to win the SEC Championship and advance to the BCS Championship game against Notre Dame.

I know that my son, Bill III aka The Bill, is ecstatic that his team is playing for the National Championship. I will, of course, be pulling for The Crimson Tide when the time comes.

I believe The Gators will move up to #3 in the BCS ratings and will play either Oklahoma or Kansas State in the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans. I think the match-ups will be announced tonight.

HAVE A GREAT REST OF THE WEEKEND EVERYONE!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.52 miles (or, 12,069 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>829.15 miles 

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>249.85 miles

GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”


No comments: