Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Monday==>BLAH!!


Good morning to all of my  loyal and faithful readers and followers.

I know that you have a lots of things and stuff to do since Christmas is fast approaching, assuming, of course, the we are all still around after Friday, December 21st ...  so ... this posting will be somewhat shorter.

OK, stop the clapping. I know who you are and where you are, so don’t make me have to come over there and bitch-slap you.

In all honesty, this is going to be shorter than usual because yesterday, Monday, turned out to be a totally BLAH day, that went down like this ...

It was a nasty weather day with more light rain off and on. I spent the majority of the day on errands and then finishing up my Christmas duties/responsibilities. 

Yes, the majority of my Christmas gifts are in the form of either cash or checks but that takes a while when you have: a son; a daughter; in-laws; grandkids; a great-grandkid; a sister; a niece and a nephew and their kids; a needy friend whose name rhymes with Hot Peed; other “not-so-needy” friends; and, the 13-person staff of 420 W. 42nd Street. You get the picture.

Yes, I got “it” all done yesterday. Whew!!

I found myself not in the mood for a movie but also restless, so around 7:00pm I walked over to The Port Authority Bus Terminal and did my usual walk-around there and then I took the subway downtown and walked the subway platforms at 14th Street and at 4th Street. This helped me maintain my daily mileage average but ... it was BORING BORING BORING!!

Came back to the warm confines of PHC and settled in to watch the JETS/TITANS game, a game the Jets had to win if they were to have any chance for a post season run.

Well my loyal and faithful readers, the game was AWFUL as Jet’s QB Mark Sanchez stunk as he turned the ball over 5 times with 4 interceptions and a game-ending fumble. The final score was 14-10.

Timmy Tebow got in the game for only 5 plays, further reinforcing my belief that his acquisition by The Jets was nothing more than a cynical PR gambit on their part to increase press coverage of the team and thereby sell more season tickets.

Oh well ... moving on ...

Today’s entertainment event will be something way more positive ... 

7:30==>NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC @ Avery Fisher - “Handel’s ‘Messiah’ with the New York Choral Artists.” (subscription series)

Yeah, I attended a “Messiah” concert earlier this month but this performance is a part of my subscription series so ...

Moving on ... 

In response to several inquiries from some of my loyal and faithful readers==>Billi Pod will be heading South for Christmas

He will fly down to Columbia, SC, on Sunday the 23rd to be with family to celebrate his darling great-granddaughter Saylor’s first Christmas. He will come back to The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, on Wednesday the 26th.

Hum ... this doesn't seem that much shorter than the usual postings, does it? Oh well ... 

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.12 miles (or, 11,207 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>910.97 miles 

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>168.03 miles

GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: