Sunday, December 9, 2012

Saturday==>SUPER!!


Friends, food, Christmas songs and extra walking mileage equals==>SUPER!!

Lunch yesterday with John and Amada Horne, and their posse, at Maloney & Porcelli on East 50th Street started at noon and was still going strong when I left at 3:45pm. 

In summary==>great friends, lots of stories, jokes and tons and tons of awesome food. Thanks guys for including me.

Have a safe trip home and tell everyone down there that Billi Pod is still alive and kicking.

I walked from PHC to the restaurant and then back afterwards and I have to say that it seemed as if every tourist in the US of A was in the Rockefeller Center area, gawking and taking pictures. Not very pleasant.

My entertainment event for the evening was downtown at Pace University, near City Hall, and it was ...

DEBBIE GRAVITTE’S ALL STAR HOLIDAY SHOW and it was a lot of fun, well performed and included a second act Holiday songs sing-along. Can’t beat that to get into a festive mood, that is for certain.

I left the performance space with a big smile on my face.

Yes, it was a SUPER day.

Today is also going to be great ...

Around 1:15pm this afternoon, John Scott Reed, his father Stan aka Stan The Man, and his father’s girlfriend Shari came to PHC so Shari could take in the view(s) from my North-facing 41st floor apartment.

Then we had a nice late lunch at my favorite Theater District restaurant Angus Bistro (formerly Angus McIndoe)

It was really great seeing and being with you guys.

Tonight, on the recommendation of my theater-buddy Marty Kosarik, I will head back downtown to see ...

7:00==>GIANT - “Amid a turbulent culture of greed, bigotry and money, a powerful cattleman, his new East Coast bride, their family and friends not to mention their enemies embrace and confront the joys and sorrows that loom as large as the state, Texas, they call home.” (Off Broadway - discounted TDF ticket)

This new musical is based on the classic novel by Pulitzer Prize-winning author Edna Ferber and clocks in at 3:15, with one intermission.

It has received mixed reviews and I had my doubts about investing my time and money in it, but, as I said, my theater-buddy Marty Kosarik loved it and said I had to see it ... so ... we will see.

In addition to yesterday being a super day with friends and stuff, it was also a very very good walking day ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>7.44 miles (or, 16.259 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>866.86 miles 

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>212.14 miles

GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: