Monday, December 17, 2012

Monday==>Errands and Christmas Stuff Too


Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, Sunday’s weather in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World was really nasty. There was a steady light rain for most of the day and then into the evening. Basically yucky.

And this morning it is gray and cloudy at 10:30am and 41º ...  oh well ... why don’t we get this Monday morning posting started with Billi Pod’s report cards on yesterday’s entertainment doubleheader ... beginning with ...

HOLIDAY BRASS @ Avery Fisher Hall, the Principal Brass Quintet of the New York Philharmonic with the Lee Musiker Jazz Trio==>WONDERFUL<==a holiday tradition comes through again.

Yes, I am happy to report that the entire program was just perfect and the chemistry between the two groups was evident. They were having a good time and so were we.

The entire time was smile-inducing from the first note to the final encore.

It was almost 5:30pm when the second encore was finished. It was still very nasty out. I decided that I would not come back to PHC, so I took the subway back to The Port Authority Bus Terminal and spent about 45 minutes walking the various subway platforms.

Then I went to the deli/restaurant next door to my theater and had a slice and a diet coke and then it was time for my second entertainment event, the Broadway revival of ...

PICNIC, about lust and shame and the line between restraint and desire, in the early 50s in a small Kansas town==>C

I found the whole production to be disappointing and the acting seemed to be forced. I had never seen a production of this play and I wanted to like it ... really expected/wanted more. It just felt flat to me. Dammit!!

I may be in the minority about this show, but this is how Billi Pod felt.

Anyway ... moving on ...

As you loyal and faithful readers and followers know, this is Monday, and because it is, today will be devoted to Billi Pod’s usual errands and stuff ... plus ... finishing up on his Christmas mailings etc etc ...

At the moment the evening is open, so I will probably catch a movie, either LINCOLN or LIFE OF PI.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.48 miles (or, 11,976 steps)

Mileage for week==>33.93 miles (avg. 4.85 miles per day)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>905.85 miles 

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>173.15 miles

GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: