Monday, December 10, 2012

GIANT==>A


It is really a dark and gloomy Monday morning here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World. At 11:00am it is so foggy that I can barely make out the building across the street from PHC.

I know this must mirror the mental state of all of my Worker Bee friends who have returned to their cubicles, wait-stations, broom closets etc. etc. Come on guys and gals, just get over it. Remember, you are Worker Bees and you have no choice or other options ...

So ... why don’t we move on to more positive things like Billi Pod’s report card/comments on yesterday’s entertainment events and stuff.


As you loyal and faithful readers and followers know from yesterday’s delayed posting, in the early afternoon I was with John Scott Reed, his father Stan aka Stan The Man, and his father’s girlfriend Shari, first at PHC for my awesome apartment views and then for a  terrific late lunch at Angus Bistro (formerly Angus McIndoe) my favorite Theater District restaurant. 

Really sorry that Scott’s friend/roommate Bernard Lam was unable to join us.

Enjoyed being with you guys!!

The evening’s entertainment event was ...

GIANT, the musical that spans generations in an epic chronicle of the state that's like no place else on earth, Texas==>A

I was totally focused for the entire 3:15, one intermission, running time. The large cast is superb, headed by Brian D’Arcy James and Kate Baldwin.

I knew going in that it had a long running time and that it had received very mixed reviews. Folks, I really don’t understand the negativity directed at this show because I found it to be engrossing and very well performed and staged.

The negativity almost caused me to skip it but, thankfully, my theater-buddy Marty Kosarik gave it a rave review and then “ordered” me to see it, and I did.

An interesting side note==>my sister, Ann Parker, lived in Houston for years. Her husband and also her father-in-law were both oil wildcatters in Texas.

So, Billi Pod says==>see this show - it runs through December 16th.

Moving on ... sorta ... 

It is Monday so today will be devoted to the usual boring errands and stuff.

In the name of fair and unbiased reporting Billi Pod must reveal to you loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the hinterlands, wastelands and boondocks that at the moment he has nothing scheduled on today’s entertainment calendar. OK ... take a deep breath and then read on ... OK ... maybe take another one ... he may give himself a day off.

Now, don’t panic - don’t call 911 ... if something interesting shows up he will book it, of course ... if not ... then ... then ... I mean ... whatever ... I mean ... WTF? A day off? OMFG!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.06 miles (or, 11,068 steps)

Mileage for week==>37.21 miles (avg. 5.32 miles per day)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>871.92 miles 

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>207.08 miles

GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: