Monday, December 24, 2012

Report Card No. 1 From Columbia, SC


Good morning my loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the morass known as cyberspace.
I am happy to report that yesterday’s flight down to Columbia, SC, went OK. We left a crowded and teeming LaGuardia airport on time and arrived in Columbia, SC, a little bit ahead of schedule.

The only downside about the trip was the ride to LGA because, for reasons that are still unclear, my usually reliable car service, Dial7, screwed up and didn’t show up at my apartment as scheduled. I had to use another service and the crosstown streets were all clogged. Luckily I had built my schedule around an early arrival at LGA.

The security lines were long but they moved rather quickly. I learned of another “benefit” of being a senior citizen ... people 75 and older are not required to remove their shoes when going through security. Go figure.

My son, Bill III aka The Bill picked me up at the airport and delivered me to Kathi and Dr. John’s awesome apartment overlooking downtown Columbia.

All was well.

The Bill and my youngest grandson Chris Falletta aka Topher drove up together from Apopka, FL and made great time.

We are all here now so we are set for a big Christmas Eve Dinner to celebrate great-granddaughter Saylor’s very first Christmas. We will head out to Alex and Gina’s house in Elgin, SC, around 3:30pm to begin the festivities, which will include tons and tons of food, games, presents and, of course, lots of pictures.

I have been selected to read “T’was the Night Before Christmas” to Saylor. Awesome!!

So ... from Columbia, SC, Billi Pod says==>MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>2.33 miles (or, 5,091 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>934.40 miles 

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>144.60 miles

GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”


No comments: